Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used horse serial number 335598 with 7HP Kohler engine.

It started right up on 3rd pull.... It needs a reverse belt... I'd replace both just to because it seems the thing to do... I will change oil and plug as well .... Is the TH numbers the model#... What else should I check... I paid 200.00 which I feel was a great deal for this beast....

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Howdy Bob, welcome to the forum.

Your Horse was built in June 1978. I attached a serial number history for your perusal. Always check the gearbox oil level before using. It should be maintained about half full. This allows for fluid expansion when hot. You want to keep the worm gears lubricated. Use gear oil in the gearbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Bob, I have owned a Horse for over 10 years. It is still going strong. As sixbales stated make sure that the oil in the gearbox is at level. In that 10 years I changed the belts one time. they will need a bit of adjustment now and again but it is real simple. you should be able to find a manual on line. that's where I found mine. I till 2 large gardens a year and use the hiller attachments and it works like a charm. not like a front tine tiller that bounces you from here to %$ll and back. Good luck with the tiller.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
When I know that I won't be using it again till next year, one thing that I do with my tiller is drain the fuel tank and then run it out of gas. This prevents gumming up the carburetor while sitting idle. The next time I use it I put gas in it and it starts right up. This has worked for me for many years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts