Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone compiled a list of the model numbers of Johnson or any other manufactured loaders with their applications?? As an example, I want to try to find an FEL for my Bolens HT23 (2389-01), but when I see a reference to a model number on a candidate, I have no idea if it was ever intended for my tractor. Of course, I could build one from scratch, I suppose, but an "Allied Manufacturer" loader would be more correct.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have a picture of what appears to be an 1886 and the loader is a johnson B 187, Model 14, type A3. Not sure if it fits an HT 23.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, sixchows!! The brochure will get me on the right track, I think. I noticed that there are "Types" listed for the same "Model". Do you that might be the specific fitment kit needed for a specific tractor to use the more generic loader model?:dazed: & :confused:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
LP
I would think so, but not really sure. The ones I've seen on the tubeframes connect to the frame rails near the footrests and have a reinfocement connect from side to side in that same area. At the rear, the brackets bolt into the hitch holes on the trans axle case.

I think if you found say a B187 model 14 that wasn't a type A3 you could make up some mounting brackets. The differences from brand to brand are probably mounting brackets and pump location/connection

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ARPS is now Amerequip. (GOOGLE is wonderful!!) You can see their current product line at www.amerequip.com. Now if we all could just convince them to re-issue their old Johnson designs.:tractorsm

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
LP
I did some diggin' and found out what "type" means.

Type A-- For Loader and Mower or Tiller Combination (can mount loader and mower or loader and tiller at same time)

Type B-- For Loader and Tiller Only----Mounting extends to rear axle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sixchows, I do not know where you find this stuff, but I am certainly glad you do. Thanks yet again!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts