Tractor Forum banner

John Deere 955 loader question

691 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theduke 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Leif

I've got a john deere 955 that I've been using to move dirt around my house. I've noticed that when I go to raise the loader I cant curl the bucket at the same time. I have to raise, then curl in independent motions. When I lower the loader arm and curl the bucket I can do it fluently (at the same time). I'm curious if that's just the way they are designed or if there's something I can do to change this. It's not a big deal but it slows me down and my movements aren't as smooth as they should be. Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Leif

#2 ·
The question is did it always do this as long as you have had it? If so there is nothing wrong with it. Likely the hydraulic system on the tractor is not extremely robust. Being a compact utility tractor it is built with certain limitations. It has a 7.2 gallon per minute pump. Older 50 hp farm tractors had 12 gallon per minute and they were slow as well. What happens is there is only so much flow available so what is getting to the loader takes the path of least
resistance and goes into the main frame cylinders raising them. This all has to do with cylinder diameter and the way they mount which determines the amount of leverage they have in relation to the force they have to overcome. Clear as mud?

#4 ·
It should do multi functions at the same time.
Its a 70A loader right?

Factory joystick on right side of seat?

I am on my 2nd or 3rd loader handle.
The lower part of handle has a part of the linkage built on to it.......It gets worn.
Next look at the small little turnbuckle type part with an eye on each end........Yes its under the bottom of handle and a PITA to get to. After that is the Bolt that holds the handle on.....It will wear and eventually break at times. This one is also a bit of a challenge to get too.

That will tighten up most units by replacing those 3 items.
Pray that the valve is good...They are NLA...and very spendy if you can find one on ebay or wherever.
Sometimes just lubing all the linkage there will help.
Inspect it and replace as nessessary......the parts used to be fairly cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.