Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my 2955 in and highway shift won’t go in so can only make 4 low work. JD claims low isn’t working either and even though it shifts it is stuck in one gear. They want to take off cab and crack it open to get to transmission. Any ideas on another way to get the gear to pop out so I don’t need to do that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you don't have any other hydraulic issues, I'd look at the throw linkages. If you have other issues then probably clutch pack problems...ewww!

·
Registered
568 Posts
JD utility tractors such as 2950 with a cab were relatively new when I left JD dealership serving as service manager to begin custom farming. I have no personal experience with those models with a cab but the gearshift mechanism looks COMPLICATED. Due to cab sitting so close to rockshaft housing which serves as a trans top cover I agree that cab will probably require removal to diagnose shifting problem. If your tractor was an open station model I would think tang on end of shift rail broke off that gearshift lever fits in BUT THAT's not the case with a cab model. Have shift linkages under cab be visually inspected?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll look at linkages. The lower 4 gears work. Try e upper 4 lever won’t move into gear forward or reverse. It’s stuck in the middle. Tractor does go forward and reverse in lower gears just can’t engage upper. Will check out the items advised above before trying to pull cab. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
2billt
Hi-lo shift linkage you posted a link to is for hyd hi-lo not the manual high/low in gear trans that is hung in low speed on Dave's tractor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts