Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this post on GW....dayum near busted my gut. LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just a thought on Cub Cadet pricing
Posted by swpro11 5 kansas city (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 22:02

Went to my local Lowe's store today to pick up a few things. And as usual, couldn't help but look at the lawn tractors on display. They have the new cubs as well as Willie's famous Husquvarna (still can't spell that!). Anyhow they are clearing out the Cub 1525 for $1499.00, a great price. What gets me is the Cub 2180 with the twin cylinder. The 2166 started last year at a list of $3499.00, went down to $2899.00, got mine for $2150.00 at the end of the season on one of my stores famous Saturday afternoon clearance sales. Now this 2180 is for $2400.00, lists on Cub's website at $2899.00. How do they manage to do that? Were the 2166's just that much over-priced at the start of the season? Or have they managed to become that much more efficent in the manufacturing process? Or maybe the Vangard engine costs that much less than the Kohler? Don't think I regret getting my 2166, I love it. But this whole pricing thing has my head spinning. What do you all think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow-Up Postings:

RE: just a thought on Cub Cadet pricing
Posted by: NoIfs Near Cincinnati (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 22:05

Add in trying to figure out what brand as well as what model and yeah the head spins. Got 2.5 to 3 acres of grass in our new house that is just itching to grow and gonna need cut. I have been going crazy trying to compare the brands, the models within and amongst the brands, and then you have the various engines within the brands. Yeah spinning is right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Jake__1910_home Z5 MO (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 22:24

I think AEGT500 or whatever his handle is (I can not seem to find any of his posts about a cub 2166 axle) is in fact jodyand. Confirm it or deny it. Either way don't even trip be a man instead.
Jake.

Posted by: ducati996 (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 22:36

Jake__1910_home ,
Huh? somewhat off topic eh? what was that about?

Duc

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Watch out aegt5000 if he thinks your me he will have the hounds after you till you history. Hes nuts:furious:
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Like i said yesterday it wasn't you!
Jody

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Jody

It must be your Avatar that has them confused.:confused:
You see I’ve been trying to get my fantasy GT 500,000
into the back of my fantasy pick up truck for years !!!
2funny

I love these smilie things !:partydanc

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well the good news is both jody and aegt5000 are great guys so I guess it's not too bad. aegt5000, I fear jody is right! If that's how they're thinking, it won't be long. Seems that whole place has gone mad. Glad we didn't drink the kool-aid like the rest of them!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could ol' Jake be the Spike pimp? Why does he need to know so badly?

Posted by: Jake__1910_home Z5 MO (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 23:24

I am saying is aegt500 the same person as jodyand. Yes or no? If aegt500 is jodyand, be a man an admit it.
Jake.

Posted by: dougand3 Southeast TN (My Page) on Sun, Feb 22, 04 at 23:38

A 2180 at $2400 seems like a great deal...kinda wish I needed one. LOL
Jake, why are you so curious and off topic? You a direct pipeline into the site admin?

Doug

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I didn't get a chance to welcome Aegt5000 to tractorforum so I will do now. Welcome aegt5000 at least we got a knowledgable and just plan nice guy to come and visit and chat awhile.:cheers: :friends: mexican

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well me and aegt5000 we are not the same even though i wish i had his tractor:D Jake hes tripping but he the only one over there that has change his user name more then once. I didn't think you could change it but once but when he had his first run-in with me it was jackal411 then he change it to Jake 909 and now its Jake__1910_home. There was one more but i cant think of it right now.
Jody

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Michael,…
Thank you, if it wasn't for your post on GW, I would have
never known this site existed. Bigl22 and Sixchows being here
are a big draw for me, they are two of my favorites.

Bigl has demonstrated time and again his willingness to help new
members and written many detail posts that walk them thru a problem
or illustrate what they should be considering.

Sixchows is a madman, I think he has every attachment ever made for
his two tractors. If he doesn’t have all of them, he is on a mission to
get them. I like that because I feel it’s not about what make tractor
you own, it’s all about what you do with it. Attachments play a big part.
Like sixchows always says “It’s All About The TOYS”

So, I've decided I'm not just visiting and will be calling this site home.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yep, Little old me a bit of a he!! raiser and trouble maker who loves to challedge autority, Yet I spent 22 years in the Air Force active and reserve. Thanks for the nice post on my adventure over at GW and helping this site find a nice new member.:smoking: :homereat:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Welcome Fusion, As I see that my he!! making over at Spikes domain got you over here to. I like this better and got plain angry at all the bashing and general disregard for different opinions at GW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts