Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place to get the turn buckles/sway arms? I took one of the turn buckles to JD and they wanted nearly $400 for the one. I feel that seems way too high for one piece of linkage. Am I being taken for a ride?

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brandon. I have a 990 (tractor) myself. Are you talking about the turnbuckle between the upper and lower lift arms that allow you to adjust the right lower arm from the left or the center turnbuckle? If so, yeah, that's raping you.

Here are two 990 tractors for dismantle through tractorhouse.com and also HERE. Put in a call to one of these guys and hopefully you should be able to find something for less than the dealer!

Reactions: sixbales

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
Howdy Brandon,

Yesterdays Tractors has this set for $50.

Universal Stabilizer Chain Kit - Chain stabilizers, turnbuckle and chain links adapt to any size 3-point hitch, usually used on larger tractors. VERIFY MEASUREMENTS. Move clevis up or down chain links; use turnbuckle for final adjustment. Packed and sold in pairs, less brackets. (Part No: SK102CH)

Turnbuckle Stabilizer.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
In the past, I just replaced the center turnbuckle with a length of chain, but I gather this set up goes in place of the brackets on the brush hog itself. That's a great set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts