Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4410 came this evening. I played for about an hour, then dark. I am immediately impressed. I hooked up my 5 foot finish mower and did some cutting. This thing has plenty of power for this task. With the 4 wheel drive I was able to cut some hills that had not been possible before. I will post more as I get a few more hours on it.

This was also a sad day. The gent that delivered the 4410 saw my 8N and offered me enough he loaded it right up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
psrumors…

Looking at that truck pull up with the 4410 on the back, the first
thing that came to mind was “Christmas Morning”
The 4410 has always been one of my favorites. Wish I had the
property to make use of one.

Congratulations on getting a wonderful machine.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well I'm glad your happy it sure is nice :thumbsup: and im sure you will use it alot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congratulations! That sure is one nice piece of equipment. If you like yours half as much as I love my 4310 you'll be bustin out all over :)

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition to the family psrumors!
:friends: :cheers: :D ;) As Ken mentioned; if you love yours as much as I love my 4410, you will be grinning ear to ear for years! VERY nice taste in machines..........even if I say so myself. :D ;) :spinsmile :tractorsm I have posted some of the modifications such as the Deere arm rest kit and front & rear work light kit. Ken has posted his battery vent modification which I suggest you do right away. Ken I am sure if he hasn't already (I probably missed it) will post the rental upgrade kit which is a REAL nice addition if you do much heavy rotary cutting. How are you liking the eHydro transmission? Enjoy! I am sure you will be VERY happy and satisfied. This machine will serve you well for years and probably out last you and me both.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I haven't finished the rental upgrade kit installation yet. Got the right side done but not the left. I had to order new parts for the step and haven't been to the dealer to pick them up yet. (I bent my step rather severely when I backed into a stump and the left skid plate bolts to it)

psrumors, FYI at one time I had a question about the LoadMatch feature. It has a switch to turn it on and off and I was wondering if there was a downside to just leaving it on all the time - the manual doesn't mention a downside. I emailed JD with this question and they said to ask the dealer. The dealer didn't know and they asked JD Tech. JD Tech didn't know either. Anyway, finally the dealer got back to me and said there was no downside to just leaving it turned on all the time. Some JD machines, like the 110 TLB, have this feature hardwired on all the time. Just more 10 series trivia I guess.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the congrats guys. All I can say is this thing is AWESOME. I have only finish cut grass but was able to do so in places never accessable before. The MFWD is great. Couldn't imagine having it prior and now that I have used it I will never have a tractor without it.

The eHydro trans is one awesome unit. This is my first hydro drive and well, I will never have anything but. I got the upgraded cruise along with the speedmatch and they work beautifully.

I have put about 4 hours on the machine and used about a 1/4 tank of fuel. Will one really get 16 hours out of a tank? Surely not.

The 430 loader hasn't been used yet but I did remove, install and remove it. Very simple undertaking. I have heard the NH is easier, I can't imagine.

This is my first Deere and after 4 hours, simply amazing.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
My 4410 is about the same on fuel consumption. I did not see any wheel weights. Did the dealer fluid fill the rear tires or are you using the 3 pt. hitch weight box? Just want to make sure we covered that at even with the RFM on the 3 pt. hitch; this will not give you any rear counter weight when the RFM is being used and on the ground. Only when up in the air. The tractor is very front heavy with the FEL and even fluid filling the tires is not enough rear ballast weight.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer has the wheel weights on order. They have been on order since the 9th. They have been invoiced for them but no one can tell them where they are. He ordered another set and they will be here Monday. They are going to bring em out and put em on.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
120 lbs total. Just for some weight. I hope between that and my box blade or tiller it will be enough. If not, I will add more later.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
You are going to need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more weight than that. The tiller will be heavy enough more than likely. Have you thought about having the rear tires filled with Rim Guard? Filling the tires and about another 400 - 600 lbs. more of wheel weight will be in the range but the FEL manual calls for much more than that. Just be VERY careful when working on slopes tractor nose down. That weight will shift forward and the tractor can slide down the slope if you are not in 4WD. Pluse the rear tires tear up the sod much more without enough ballast weight being that they are prone to slipping.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
You are going to need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more weight than that. The tiller will be heavy enough more than likely. Have you thought about having the rear tires filled with Rim Guard? Filling the tires and about another 400 - 600 lbs. more of wheel weight will be in the range but the FEL manual calls for much more than that. Just be VERY careful when working on slopes tractor nose down. That weight will shift forward and the tractor can slide down the slope if you are not in 4WD. Pluse the rear tires tear up the sod much more without enough ballast weight being that they are prone to slipping.
Ditto on the weight requirements. Always put the tractor in 4WD when using the FEL. It allows for better braking, control, and traction when using the FEL. I'm sure you will really enjoy your new machine, as well as be amazed at its capabilities.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rear wheel weights are more their because I had to argue one last thing out of the dealer to make the deal, just the way I am. I don't have the loader on when cutting grass and the tiller should counter just fine. If not I will consider having the tires filled but that will be a last, I will add wheel weights first.

Yes the FEL cam with a manual.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
If you cut with the loader off you will be fine. Just trying to prevent you from taking the slide ride to the bottom of the hill like I took. Was not a fun feeling or ride. Just out of curiosity, what was your reason for not getting the MMM? I agree that the MMM can be a pain in the butt when not in use and is a bit of work to remove and install. How do you like the RFM as opposed to how you think the MMM would have performed? I have used both and both performed well. My 4410 came with the MMM on it or I may have gotten the RFM as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts