Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Conquest and Sovereign lost out to the 3016. As of this coming weekend I should be the proud owner of 1 Case and 2 ingersoll's. I drove back down into Indiana yesterday and just realized there was no comparison with the Simplicity's. I put that like new 3 point hitch tiller on and tried it...sold me immediately.

Now back to my 3014. I have gotten no helpful ideas from my local dealer. He said the lift arm is the same for all of the rear sleeve hitches. I am wondering about that statement, as I am sure everything is on correctly. Both lift arms I have are approximately 25 inches long, and look identical. However, the hitch on the 3014 won't pick anything off the ground, although it works fine. I tried both the wide and narrow side blocks with no change, and it didn't matter which hole was used. The 446 works as it should lifting all attachments well off of the ground.

Do any of you have a sleeve hitch on a low wheeler? I would sure like to know the length of your lift arm for comparison.

Thanks, and have fun now that warmer weather is approaching!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
No sleave on my small wheeler, but I have another idea....

The small wheel hitch is shorter then the big wheel. Do you have the short hitch on the small wheeler??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the long hitch is on the 446. I don't think that would matter though, as they attach at the same points...lifting arm running forward from there. I haven't gone out and actually measured the tractors from attaching points...that will be my next move. I'll keep you posted...and always welcome any further advice or comments.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realized after posting that I didn't answer that clearly.

I have both short and long hitches...the long one is on the 446 and the short one on the 3014. Both work well, but the 3014 does not have high enough lift to pick anything up off the ground.
The lift arms I got with both hitches were the same, at a length of 25 inches. It would appear that a 23 inch lift arm would work well with the 3014, however the dealer did say his book showed all lift arms as being the same. ??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for everyone's future reference...

A gentleman who works on and owns several Case tractors contacted me.

There are two different length lift arms. The short wheelbase tractors (46") had a shorter lift arm than the (48") wheelbase tractors.

It is good to have forums like this to get information...neither of my local dealers knew this! ???

Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Kinda thought that would be it. Insted of replacing the rod, is there room on your lift plate to drill a new hole? Maybe with a hole an inch or so more foward will do the trick.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With four holes on the bottom there is no room for more as they already go side to side. I had considered drilling a new top hole to straighten the the block up more when mounted, which should have worked. However, the gentleman who contacted me has the shorter arm and he will trade it for one of my longer lift arms. I have purchased, and gotten information, from him before and he is a stand up guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts