Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I am about to run my tractor off a cliff! I put a new hydraulic pump in it and it ran great for 5 minutes before blowing the main seal and pumped all of the hydro fluid into my engine case (lots of black smoke was my first clue). I rebuilt it with a new seal and put it back... same result. I can't find a hydraulic relief valve on this machine. I did find port next to my return line (return to the 3-pt) below the banjo fitting- it looks like a bolt head, and there is a spring in the port.... but nothing else in there (that i can see anyway).

Anyone know about this machine? I ordered a new pump, and don't want to kill another one.

BTW - the old pump (the one one the tractor when i bough it) didn't blow out, it was just weak (slow response from the 3-pt and the loader). The new pump worked great!.. until it blew.

thanks in advance - Cameron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added a photo. The port with the spring in it is just below the spot where the banjo fitting is bolted on. This is below the seat, on the left side (if you are sitting on the seat facing forward). Does this look like the pressure relief??

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you've got 2 valves on the same pump section, generally you have what is called "power beyond"
In Which case the first valve will have the main relief. The second valve could have it's own relief set lower than the first, or it could just use the first valve's. That fixture (don't see a picture) might be a dump valve that closes when the valve is working. A wet valve that does pretty much the same. That might be a priority flow valve as well. It could even be a high pressure filter. There could be an external main relief, but I haven't seen one in my limited experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks - the pump sends fluid to the valves for loader first- there is a hose that comes from that set of valves to the second set of valves for the 3-point (flows through the banjo fitting in the photo). The loader valves also have a hose that dumps fluid back into the transmission case. It sounds like I need to track down the relief valve in the loader valves.... then the same in the 3-point (assuming they exist in the 3-point valve assembly).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts