1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a real Bolens in Troy paint?

Discussion in 'Troy-Bilt' started by bontai Joe, Apr 8, 2004.

1. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I saw this tractor recently and was wondering exactly when did we lose the real Bolens tractors. Is this a real Bolens? Or is it a transition tractor between Bolens and Troy Bilt? Or was this made at Troy Bilt from a Bolens design?

Attached Files:

2. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    By the way, it is definitely time for someone else to start a thread here. If my name keeps coming up as being the originator of ALL the Troy Bilt threads, I'm gonna be kicked out of the Deere fan clup as a deviate:quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

3. guest2

guest2 Tractorforum.com Senior Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Joe
    Troy-bilt didn't make tractors bolens did. For a short time they were both sold one red and one green. The troy-bilt in that pic looks like a bolens duratrac which were green and white. The troy-bilts like this one are a pure bolens design.

4. Neil_nassau

Neil_nassau New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Bolens.........GardenWay bought and kept the plant in Port Washington for a while (shutdown in 90's),over time emphasis was Troybilt over Bolens, by 1996 or 97.....Bolens brand was reduced to a few tillers and a rider or two. then eliminated .

5. Sergeant

Sergeant Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Bolens Tractor were still produced until 2002 in Europe until Garden-way was sold to MTD

6. lb59

lb59 New Member

Jan 1, 2006

The Toy Builts in the box stores are no where near what this tractor was.