Is this a real Bolens in Troy paint?

Discussion in 'Troy-Bilt' started by bontai Joe, Apr 8, 2004.

1. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I saw this tractor recently and was wondering exactly when did we lose the real Bolens tractors. Is this a real Bolens? Or is it a transition tractor between Bolens and Troy Bilt? Or was this made at Troy Bilt from a Bolens design?

Attached Files:

2. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    By the way, it is definitely time for someone else to start a thread here. If my name keeps coming up as being the originator of ALL the Troy Bilt threads, I'm gonna be kicked out of the Deere fan clup as a deviate:quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

3. guest2

guest2 Tractorforum.com Senior Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Joe
    Troy-bilt didn't make tractors bolens did. For a short time they were both sold one red and one green. The troy-bilt in that pic looks like a bolens duratrac which were green and white. The troy-bilts like this one are a pure bolens design.

4. Neil_nassau

Neil_nassau New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Bolens.........GardenWay bought and kept the plant in Port Washington for a while (shutdown in 90's),over time emphasis was Troybilt over Bolens, by 1996 or 97.....Bolens brand was reduced to a few tillers and a rider or two. then eliminated .

5. Sergeant

Sergeant Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Bolens Tractor were still produced until 2002 in Europe until Garden-way was sold to MTD

6. lb59

lb59 New Member

Jan 1, 2006

The Toy Builts in the box stores are no where near what this tractor was.