Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA ----

The fools are at it again I see. Hey, why not send 2 or 3 next time, maybe you could get one to work and then to cap off the series of 3.5B spending for Mars golf carts, we could have em battle to the death like a MARS SPECIAL ROBOT WARS!

Well, it was really nice to get a few pictures of Mars --- heck what for the 10 or 20 shots of the red clay, they paid about 82M each.
Hey they can drive to my house and examine all of the red clay they want for at least half that price. ;-)

At least for HEAVEN's sake it wasn't a manned mission. As sorry as I am to see the roaming golf cart go, another human tragedy would be awful. Next time why not just drop a RC Hummer and you dont have to worry about all of the sensitivity of the golf cart. It probably fell into a hole or maybe it sunk to the bottom of the mysterious MARS OCEAN. I wonder if they used Duracell?

ROVER, ROVER --- YOU GOT RED DUST ALL OVER
ALL BROKEN IN SPACE AND LYING WITH THE CLOVERS
A FEW PICTURES AND A SHAKY START ARE ALL YOU SENT
I AM PLEASED THE BILLIONS WERE SO WELL SPENT

:-D

Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Maybe some Martian kid has a new toy to play with.:driving: :lmao: :lmao:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin
HAHAHAHAHA ----

The fools are at it again I see. Hey, why not send 2 or 3 next time, maybe you could get one to work and then to cap off the series of 3.5B spending for Mars golf carts, we could have em battle to the death like a MARS SPECIAL ROBOT WARS!

Well, it was really nice to get a few pictures of Mars --- heck what for the 10 or 20 shots of the red clay, they paid about 82M each.
Hey they can drive to my house and examine all of the red clay they want for at least half that price. ;-)

At least for HEAVEN's sake it wasn't a manned mission. As sorry as I am to see the roaming golf cart go, another human tragedy would be awful. Next time why not just drop a RC Hummer and you dont have to worry about all of the sensitivity of the golf cart. It probably fell into a hole or maybe it sunk to the bottom of the mysterious MARS OCEAN. I wonder if they used Duracell?

ROVER, ROVER --- YOU GOT RED DUST ALL OVER
ALL BROKEN IN SPACE AND LYING WITH THE CLOVERS
A FEW PICTURES AND A SHAKY START ARE ALL YOU SENT
I AM PLEASED THE BILLIONS WERE SO WELL SPENT
Andy
Aw c'mon Andy, tell us how you really feel!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Do you think it was an 'L series' Mars Rover?

:)
No the L series are suppose to last 5 years this must have been made really cheap.:smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Maybe some Martian kid has a new toy to play with.:driving: :lmao: :lmao:
Jody
If that Martian kid is anything like one of mine, ol' Rover didn't stand chance and is toast! :smiles:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
3.5 Billion dollars? I am glad I am not the only one that is disgusted we are spending that much money for an unnecessary expedition.:alien:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Didn't the last mars rover disintegrate on entry because some idiot rocket scientist forgot to convert english to metric?:alien2:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So now they say there was or is water on Mars... I think that should give us incentive to spend a few more BBBBillion $$$$ to go back up there...

We can skate on Mars... Wuhuuuuu...link to yahoo news

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
I heard they got it working again.
I think they just got some signals still cant talk to it.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I thought I heard a story in the news that tomorrow NASA is going to try sending the rover a signal to reboot itself. I sure hope it works. It would really suck to come all this way and it craps out like that.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Supposedly they have been trying to like a few hundred times to send the signal to reboot the box. It probably got an illegal operation and now Windows is locked up on a screensaver mode.
:D :D :D

Naah, it may be a hardware failure --- like it keeps rebooting and never gets loaded up --- You think the next rover will simply go over to it and flick the power switch? That would be cool if it reinstalled the operating system --- Maybe they could send Tuba on the 3rd rover to fix both of em :)

Andy

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Supposedly they have been trying to like a few hundred times to send the signal to reboot the box. It probably got an illegal operation and now Windows is locked up on a screensaver mode.
:D :D :D
<snp>

Andy
Well, as one of the very few MAC OS users here , I was going to say something like that, but I needed to patch a hole in my flame retardant underwear first. :nerd:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I for one hope they get it fixed. It would be interesting to see what they can find there. Wouldn't it be cool if they actually discovered a life form!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts