Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute 50 miles each way from PA to NJ where I work. One of the benefits is choosing different routes home. Tonight's route was new along some back roads I haven't traveled on before. As I'm driving along I see a dairy cow in the road ahead of me so I stop some distance away so as not to spook the cow. She is soon joined by another and another, and then there was a whole herd. At the rear was the farmer chasing them into a new pasture across the road. He started to yell an appology when I told him it was no problem, it brightened up my day and I thanked him. It's been 30 years since I had to stop for a herd of cows, and I enjoyed watching them. I realize thus hasn't much to do with tractors, but it does have to do with farming and I wanted to share it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
thts cool joe u dnt see tht much anymore farmer dwn road does it now n then but goin prob stop cause thy buildin houses in one field th all buildin goin on its neat to see wat u saw

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Joe you travel a little farther then me everyday i go 45 miles each way. The only cows i see on the road is one that has escaped and is walking around.:D And its alway the same one i guess it don't like being pen up. I always slow down when i get close just in case its out and in the road. I have never seen it in the road but theres alway a first time. Better to be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Isn't funny what such a serene sight will do for the sole. Reminds me of being a young lad again.. That smell of fresh cut clover and the sights of cattle from times of a slower pace and proud who you were people.....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Our nabour pastures his cattle across the road from his barn, and herds them across theroad twice a day for milking. lol
Our pastures at home are across the road from each other, and we switch from one to the other about every 3 weeks.:D

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You are a lucky guy. Don't see that around here no more. My grandpa's neighbor used to have cows and did that but all the other neighbors that just went there once a month if that complained about the cow waste going into the slew.
Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts