Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wants me to install Dazzel on her computer. Bunch of hardware and software involved here. Anyone done this? I have put in new hard drives and memory but that is about it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements for this setup. I personally don't know anything about "Dazzle" per se, but I think it has been around awhile, so it should be good for what you want to do, which I assume would be to edit home movies or VHS and put it on DVD/CD.

If you have a DV (Digital Video) camera, you can skip the Dazzle hardware, and use your DV camera as a "digital bridge" which will convert you analog tapes in to a digital signal which you can edit and burn, or copy back to tape. All you would need then is editing software.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The system requirements are good Thanks for the "heads up" I am reading over the instructions at this time. Getting ready to shut down this computer and tear into it.

If you don't hear from me till Monday, It means I was unsuccessful getting the computer back up and running.

If you don't hear from me after Monday, It means I broke my wife's computer and she has killed me. Please notify appropriate authorities.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
:furious: Ok i dont think she would do that on your Birthday "Would she":eek:mg: :D
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I didn't read into your post enough. Didn't realize you already had the software and hardware. You should be fine on the install as I believe it is a proven product. Just take your time and yes, READ the directions (yes this is the pot calling the kettle black, but I'm getting better). Take your time and you will be fine. Good luck. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
The ideal connection between your digital camcorder and PC would be using the firewire port (IE 1394)
This of course is providing your PC has Firewire as well as your digital camcorder (if its digital it will have this feature)
With this connection there is no loss of video degeneration nor lack of audio sync...a real high resolution vido clip in a digital format is the desired result...

Duc

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats how my digital camcorder hooks up to my computer is with the Firewire. Of course it didn't come with the Firewire i had to buy it separate and my new computer had the (IE 1394) port already. It works great everything i camcorder i put on DVD so i will have it for a very long time. And i filmed a friend's wedding and when i asked them what they wanted it on VHS or DVD there eyes lit up and they said DVD and VHS :lmao:
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yes the Firewire or USB 2.0 port is the way to go IF you have a DV Camera. If you don't, I think that is were the Dazzle hardware or something similar comes into play. I use my DV camera standalone for my DV footage, and also as a bridge for my analog sources, such as VHS or the Hi8 from my old camera. Just plug the old camera or VHS into the DV camera, and then the DV camera to the computer via Firewire. After you edit, then you can burn a disc, or export the edited footage back to VHS.

Video editing via computer software is the way to go!

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got it installed, The wife wants to play with it so I got to go. It is a dazzel box, I guess se wants to run a VCR through the computer...... We have an old camcorder

I don't know much about machines that don't have spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
Well I got it installed, The wife wants to play with it so I got to go. It is a dazzel box, I guess se wants to run a VCR through the computer...... We have an old camcorder

I don't know much about machines that don't have spark plugs.
Sounds like that is what you or your wife needed, Ed. Just be sure to leave the socket set and torque wrenches in the garage or shop if you have to work on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts