Tractor Forum banner

Ingersoll log splitter

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Ingersoll444 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Does any have or have seen an ingersoll log splitter? Not like the one that Paul has posted the manual and pics of. Mounts on the 3 pt sleeve and is not a double action splitter, meaning splitting both directions. It only splits one direction like a conventional splitter.Have a chance to pick one up cheap for the 644 and was just curious if anyone has any info. or what it might be worth?
Thanks,
Bob

#2 ·
No idea on that one. all I have seen are my style, or the new style tow behind they make now. As for price, well the guy I got mine from had wanted $450 for it. I ended up buying the whole tractor, and getting a better deal though. If it is a true Case, or Ingersoll splitter, It will easly be worth some cash. If you can get it for under 400 I say you are doing OK. [$200 wuld be better:D ]

#3 ·
Thanks Paul!! I figured you would be the guy to give me the info. Yeah he wants 250 for it plus he is going to give me a additional sleeve for the 3 point with it.

Plus he has a spare, yeah I said spare, hydracutter I may be pickin up from him in the spring.

Thanks again,

Bob

#5 ·
Hey Paul another thing saw your pics on the case yahoo forum. Like your tractors. Had another ? for you. How difficult is it to rebuild a mower deck? If you have ever done it. Need to rebuild mine as the bearings seems to be frozen.

Thanks,

Bob

#6 ·
Not hard at all. You need an impact wrench to spin off the nuts on top of the pullys, and other then that its cake. Now wile you are in there... Some of the mower decks had the housing that holds the bearings made of pot metal. If that is the case eather replace them with old used Iron ones, or get the new ones from Ingersoll that are also iron. The pot metal ones are junk, and if you have them, are allready probably falling apart.

Give me your deck model number and I can post the manual I have if you dont already have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.