Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Boy thats a big one. Hey Paul you need one of these to.
Jody

·
Registered
83 Posts
bontai-
Near as I can tell they were made in '93 & '94. I saw the ad' too, but wrote the guy twice and never got a reply. Needless to say, I won't be bidding because of that. I have never seen one in person...was hoping to get to...ah, too bad!

Anyone else know anything about these? Who's engine, etc'.?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Don't realy know much about them. I guess they were manly made for over seas sale, but some ended up over here also. This unit had NO belts. There was not PTO clutch on the motor like the other Case/Ingersolls had. Ingersoll came up with a hydro powerd deck for this model becouse of that. That deck was also used on other models later.

I have never seen one, but I got to say, it would look darn nice in my garage.:D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
The engine Ingersoll used is a three cylinder Perkins Diesel. Perkins is make in Peterborough, UK. That would be in England, north of London.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ps - They had problems with overheating. As you can imagine, diesels create a lot of heat to begin with. Anyone with a Case or Ingersoll tractor knows that the hydraulics get very hot with a lot of use, especially in the summer months.

Biggest problems were cracked heads, complaints of operator getting too hot and of course the smell of diesel exhaust (as per a dealer mechanic I know...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts