Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd ask you guys since you seem to be familiar with a range of tractors. Let it first be said...I have never owned a Simplicity.

Recently, I ran across a 1999 Landlord/ 185hours/ well maintained/ power lift/ 50 " mower/ $2600.

I also found a mid 80's Sovereign/ newly rebuilt engine by dealer 16HP B&S/ nice deck/ $1200.

Most of you know I have a bad back and can no longer work...so my tractors/ lawn/ garden take up a lot of my leisure time. I have considered selling my current tractors just to try something new...since these both have power lift. However, never having owned one and knowing how solid my Case 446 and Ingersoll 3014 are, I am wondering if my wonder-lust would be a dramatically bad choice?

I have put feelers out for attachments and thought I should ask opinions here, before anyone writes saying they have attachments thereby further tempting me.

Any opinions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well you KNOW I am a big Case/Ingersoll fan, but the Simp's are a REAL nice tractor, and that Landlord sounds like a good price.....THATS a tough one.

I think you would be happy eather way. Sorry, but I got to throw the ball back in your coart.:D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Paul...THANKS A LOT!...LOL

Have a good one! We will have to see what other advice comes along. I'll let you know what decision, when & why, that I end up making.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
hi ropari..
again, id forward you off to kents site.. good source of simplicity info and classifieds... plus kents taken e-mail questions from me before and has been willing to offer his opinions.. if i had an older simple question.. he'd be the guy id go to 1st...

Go Orange...

kents simple tractors site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts