Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this sign on the front of a JD 110 at the Rough & Tumble Show in Knzer, PA over the weekend and thought you guys might like it.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Chief,
You could repaint your Dodge. With the diesel engine and your green an yellow trailer attached it would be a head turner. :winky:

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I'm on my third truck, but still have my first Deere. I wish it was true too!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I agree with your choice of engines, but where are we gonna get an auto tranny that will take that kind of power? My wife can't/won't shift gears.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
I agree with your choice of engines, but where are we gonna get an auto tranny that will take that kind of power? My wife can't/won't shift gears.
This transmission might fill the bill or the 4000 series might be another option. Although fitting it might be tricky as it would not fit in the traditonal driveshaft tunnel or hump in the cab floor, but I think it could be done. I would prefer a nice Eaton/Fuller 7 speed manual transmission with a 2 speed axles. :D ;) Hey, if we are day dreaming.........may as well dream big. ehh? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Custom 2000 Powershift Transmission

Custom 4000 Powershift Transmission

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
problem is.. The pickup would cost 60,000$

overpriced like most deeres...

:furious:
You are probably right about the cost, but I've seen Fords and Chevys selling for over $45,000. The new Hummer 2 truck is well over $60,000. A $60,000 Deere pickup would be ok if it lasted 40 years like a tractor. Nice not having to make a decision on what color to get, too!:D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
problem is.. The pickup would cost 60,000$

overpriced like most deeres...

:furious:
Trucks in this class already cost over $60,000. In this case I think the John Deere truck would have FAR more resale value years down the road than any other truck though. This is already the case with Deere tractors. I bet it would be a huge selling truck if they ever decide to come out with one. They have been looking into the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts