Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm clearing my 3 acres about 900sf at a time by hand. Once cleared, I find the occasional hump and bump which will make mowing a hassle if I can ever get grass to grow.

Sears came through, and I got my sleeve hitch and box blade to dispose of these humps. Tried it out today, and was impressed both with the performance of the blade and the strength of my tractor.

I weighted it with 2 cinder blocks, and a typical hump of native soil about 3' x 3' x 6" was flat in 3 or 4 passes. My only complaint is the difficulty in working the throttle and sleeve hitch handle at the same time. I plan on fixing this by purchasing the electric hitch actuator and mounting the switch to the throttle handle.

I'll post pics soon.

Will the tractor let me know if I'm working it too hard? When the blade digs in, the trans-axle really whines. I know this is typical for hydraulics, but I don't want to hurt it.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Big Easy :friends: Glad to see another member from La. Here are some links to Topdj threads where he used actuators for his sleeve hitch and his home made front bucket. He also put one on the deck to raise and lower it.

Sleeve hitch

Bucket

Bucket

Bucket

Deck

Deck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts