Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indeed a day to be VERY thankful for to enjoy a hearty and delicious meal with family. I've been out of the Army for almost 2 years and I am still not used to it. Normally I was gone most of the time. Remember the folks in the military who are not able to enjoy such a valued moment at home taking in the enjoyment of family and the holidays.

I ate WAY too much and will be paying the price in the waistline battle. :argh: :argh: :argh: :eat: :D ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
BBBBBBUuuuuuurrrrRRRRRRPPPPppppp....!!!!

I need to go put on a pair of sweatpants.

Like Mellencamp said: "Hurts so good!"

UUuuuurrrrppppppP !

Got any Pepto?

:dazed: :D :dazed:

-=A=-

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Why do we sacrifice a whole day to stuffing ourselves... I am thankful for the ability to do just that... It's time for dessert... Apple pie and vanilla icream or pumpkin pie w/ the same:homereat: :furious:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
By Sunday I will have had 3 full Thanksgiving meals. No telling how much weight gain between now and Monday. I think I'll go grab a :beer: and ponder that thought. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
STUFFED hear!!!!

I tryed to be good. After dropping 43lbs this year, did not want to reverse all my hard work in one day:D

For the "new" Paul, I ate like a pig. For the old Paul I ate like a bird.

One of those years were EVERYTHING came out GREAT. There is always something that was not that great, or under, or over cooked, or just had not came out a god as it should have. Well not this year. EVERYTHING was awsome!!!! This is a HARD time of year to stick to a diet THATS for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
I had a WONDERFUL day with my wifes cousins, in Philly. A delicious turkey with ALL the possible trimmings. We cooked our own turkey on Friday because it just ain't Thanksgiving without leftovers for turkey sandwiches. In the last 4 days, I have eaten a whole pumpkin pie, half a cheesecake, half an apple pie, all served with either whipped cream or ice cream. And it was after eating a lot of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, etc. I really REALLY enjoy being at the top of the food chain.:homereat: :homereat: :homereat:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
In the last 4 days, I have eaten a whole pumpkin pie, half a cheesecake, half an apple pie, all served with either whipped cream or ice cream. And it was after eating a lot of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, etc.
so joe, Hows that diet going??:furious: :furious:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Well, I gave lots of special thanks this Thansgiving...and while I didn't have much of a grand appetite, I did give sincere thanks for the important things in my life...Good to hear about all of the great festive times! YUM YUM!

:homereat:

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
From now until New Year's, my diet is basically to not eat so much that I explode :furious: Besides, the extra weight helps when plowing snow:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
After stuffing myself with ham, turkey, potatoes and 2 pieces of chocolate pudding pie w/graham cracker crust, I returned home to find a message on my answering machine from my girlfriend to come to her parents house for dessert. I called and asked what was available for dessert. There was pumpkin pie, lemon marange, chocolate pudding pie and banana cream pie my favorite :loveit: So, away I went. The next evening when "she who loves me" came down to visit, she brought what was left of the banana cream, which turned out to be all except for the piece I had the day before. I am so loved

Bbuurrrpp!

Excuse Me angel

·
Registered
126 Posts
Deep-fried turkey

On Thanksgiving morning the wife & I drove to Tennesee to spend the holidays with my sister, brother-in-law and their family. We all have a lot to be thankful for.
They'd never had a deep fried turkey before, so we took the cooker with us and fixed them one. Man, they loved it!
Looks like we've started a tradition. Next year they want us to cook another one, so we're gonna inject it with cajun seasoning the day before & deep fry it. The turkey pot actually uses less oil than the cast-iron kettle.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you don't overheat it you can use it again (within a reasonable amount of time). Or you can let it cool, pour it back into the container & leave it on the back porch of your favorite fast food establishment.

BTW, I like to use peanut oil to deep fry turkeys.

-=A=-

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by CatDaddy
If you don't overheat it you can use it again (within a reasonable amount of time). Or you can let it cool, pour it back into the container & leave it on the back porch of your favorite fast food establishment.

BTW, I like to use peanut oil to deep fry turkeys.

-=A=-
So basically you use the oil once and toss it.. I'm kinda frugal and would consider that a waste. I'm trying to think of another application for the used oil.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you use a thermometer to watch the temps you can use the oil again to fry other stuff. Fried fish is O.K. in used turkey oil.

If you really want to reuse it, you can cut it 50/50 or 2 to 1 (summer only) with used ATF & run it in your diesel (with diesel fuel of course).

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by CatDaddy

If you really want to reuse it, you can cut it 50/50 or 2 to 1 (summer only) with used ATF & run it in your diesel (with diesel fuel of course).
Cut it with ATF to run in my diesel???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts