1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

IH 404 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Case / Farmall - International Harvester' started by lostcowhand, Apr 10, 2011.

1. lostcowhand

lostcowhand New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I recently bought a 1975 IH 404. The entire wiring system is a disaster and I would like to put it back correctly. Does anyone have or have a link to the wiring diagram for the 404? Yes, I googled it with no luck, that's how I found this forum.

Thanks,
    Sean

2. lostcowhand

lostcowhand New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I apologize for the unnecessary thread. I found the wiring diagram here in the forum, it simply wasn't listed under the 404. Actually, it was in a thread for the 444. I didn't know which tractors were similar and which weren't. Now I can re-wire the tractor exactly as it should be, except I intend to add a fuse panel which will also allow future accessories.

Thanks to Bermuda Ken for providing the diagrams!

Sean

3. Stewart7

Stewart7 Stewart

Jul 23, 2012
    cngco.com/wiring_diagrams/wiring_diagrams.html

cngco.com/wiring_diagrams/wiring_diagrams.html has the drawings only the titles gas and diesel are reversed