Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivan has actually resurfaced and is running around in the gulf of mexico once again. This time he is presently a Tropical Depression but they forcast him to become a high end tropical storm by the time he hits landfall "again" Supposed to dump 10 to 12 i nches of rain or more. His anticipated landfall right now is mouth of the Mississippi over into Texas. Guess he figured he finished up most of the pan handle already and also Florida, and got what Francis and charlie missed, and will leave whats left of northeastern Florida and georgia / SC area to Jeanne, so he is concentrating his efforts west of where he left off. If this is not the damdest weather ever........So old Karl looks like he is heading right up the Atlantic to nowhere and Lisa is still undecided on what she is gonna do........Typical like a woman can't make their mind up, just look at Jeanne running aorund in circles for a week now, and now she finally decides she is probably heading towards the north east section of Florida etc........

Maybe old Ivan just has an acquired taste for southern cooking or pine trees!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I saw that on the news last night. At least the winds were only about 50 - 60 mph. We are supposed to get rain from this storm sometime in the next few days.outta here

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
We need some of that rain up here in TN REAL bad! It has not rained here in over a month. Everything is turning brown and the leaves are starting to fall and turn yellow. Just don't don't need 12" at once. ;)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
We are getting rain from it today.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Wait a minute here! Didn't Ivan already come up the coast and dump 9" of rain in my Pennsylvania yard last weekend? How'd it get back to the Gulf of Mexico? Are you guys pulling a fast one here?:D

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not at all Bontai.no one is pulling a fastone. Ivan is still here in the south as well. His outerbands uspposedly lingered around and is now dumping rain on the south again........

check out this link: http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
Here is a copy past of the latest advisery they just put out. No editing of this advisory was done to play a joke. Go to the link and see for your self. Evidently Ivan was / is one hell of a big dude so much that he had to make two passes to get all of his badself over the USA.

If he comes back for a third pass, I'm packing up and moving to Alaska!

While I would like just a "touch" of rain just enough to knock off the dust around the place after cleanup, I sure am not gonna open my mouth and ask for it!

copy paste:
Tropical Storm Ivan Advisory Number 71

Statement as of 4:00 PM CDT on September 23, 2004

...Ivan continues to weakens as it moves toward the southwestern
Louisiana and the Upper Texas coasts...
At 4 PM CDT...2100z...the Tropical Storm Warning has been
discontinued west of San Luis Pass Texas.
A Tropical Storm Warning is now in effect for a portion of the
Gulf of Mexico coast from Morgan City Louisiana westward to San
Luis Pass Texas.

At 4 PM CDT...2100z...the center of Tropical Storm Ivan was located
near latitude 29.4 north...longitude 93.0 west or about 30 miles
south-southeast of Cameron Louisiana. This is also about 65 miles
east-southeast of Port Arthur Texas.

Ivan is moving toward the northwest near 8 mph...13 km/hr...and a
motion between northwest and west-northwest is expected to continue
for the next 24 hours. On the forecast track...the center of Ivan
will cross the coast in the warning area later tonight.

Maximum sustained winds are near 45 mph... 75 km/hr...with higher
gusts. Some fluctuations in intensity are possible until landfall
occurs.

Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 60 miles
... 95 km from the center.

The estimated minimum central pressure is 1003 mb...29.62 inches.

Water levels have been running .5 to 2 feet above normal tide levels
along the northwest Gulf of Mexico. Ivan will generate an
additional 1 to 3 feet above these existing water levels.
Therefore...water elevations of 2 to 4 feet above normal are
expected near and to the east of where the center makes landfall.

Rainfall accumulations of 5 to 10 inches...with isolated higher
amounts...are possible near the path of Ivan.

Isolated tornadoes are possible over southern Louisiana today.

Repeating the 4 PM CDT position...29.4 N... 93.0 W. Movement
toward...northwest near 8 mph. Maximum sustained
winds... 45 mph. Minimum central pressure...1003 mb.

For storm information specific to your area...please monitor
products issued by your local weather office.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the National
Hurricane Center at 7 PM CDT followed by the next
complete advisory at 10 PM CDT.

:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It was raining this morning and off and on though out the day been real windy to. This thing just don't want to go away.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
You might start checking the prices of tickets to Alaska Chip. The Weather Channel said there is a possibility of a cold front pushing Ivan back out into the Gulf south of it's current location after it circles through Texas.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great Day...........my old lady is gonna kick my a$$ when she finds out we may be moving to Alaska! Some day I just may learn to keep my mouth shut and let nature do its thing and not make any comments on it.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Holy CRAP! You are right, Ivan took a loop around for a second pass. All I can say to you guys looking at it coming, is batten down the hatches. After the record rain we got in PA, and with roads still closed in some areas, I don't want to see it again.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heck its bad enough getting hit by these things initially after they are spawned, and I know the darn world is in a hurt when it comes to economics etc, but recycling a huricane is absurd! Guess momma nature has a budget to work with as well! Recycled hurricanes........I like that......or do I?:smoking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts