Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
You know, With all the other pots the Gov is sticking there hands into, to let something like this go on, is insane. All the safty stuff we pay for have to be on our cars, but a few pennys to make rat poison safer cant be had?????? Sad isnt it

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
yes , in 2001 , with the new more business friendly policies in place with the new epa, busines complained that the cost of making these bulk pellets child safe was not only costlly- but irrelevent since they are purchased for municipal use mainly-- they argued that homeowners should use the retail product line and/or alternative methods--- the new , more friendly to business epa let them off the hook -- why not I guess -- after all it is mainly young , poor kids of a minority nature that are being killed of or affected -- they don't really matter in the scheme of the new plan for america - do they? -- there are always plenty more of them to go around, right?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Bigl,
It is a shame but sarcasm does nothing to solve anything. This isn't a problem of making the poison childproof its making their parents RESPONSIBLE!!!!!! I know all too well what goes on down in Harlem and other slums. I grew up in the worst place in regard to crime, poverty in the USA. Namely the Bronx. At least I was lucky in respect that my parents(that were very poor) kept an eye out for me and worked their way out.
Sadly there is going to be no end to this as long as the money train exists. I'm all for giving a hand up but a hand out never solves the issue. There have been billions spent in the urban cities all over to combat this poverty but it continues. A society with money for nothing, lax laws that have criminals out on the street before the police finish the paperwork only continues the cycle.
I don't have the answer but do know the approach we have taken for the past 30 to 40 years just plain don't work.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by HarryG
Bigl,
It is a shame but sarcasm does nothing to solve anything. This isn't a problem of making the poison childproof its making their parents RESPONSIBLE!!!!!! I know all too well what goes on down in Harlem and other slums. I grew up in the worst place in regard to crime, poverty in the USA. Namely the Bronx. At least I was lucky in respect that my parents(that were very poor) kept an eye out for me and worked their way out.
Sadly there is going to be no end to this as long as the money train exists. I'm all for giving a hand up but a hand out never solves the issue. There have been billions spent in the urban cities all over to combat this poverty but it continues. A society with money for nothing, lax laws that have criminals out on the street before the police finish the paperwork only continues the cycle.
I don't have the answer but do know the approach we have taken for the past 30 to 40 years just plain don't work.
HG,
In our modern society it pays to play (or kept) STUPID!!
Your to be commended to see through the haze that has hung over the morass of how the few have suppressed the many!!

My animals know by instinct what is good and bad and should they have a doubt, a quick pop on the ass is usually sufficient to adjust the error in judgment!! Too bad we can no longer apply the same to our Human Friends!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Originally posted by bigl22
harry -- it wasn't sarcasm-- I am evil

So, what other qualifications does your resume`contain to make such reference of fault and blame on this dilemma? :jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
"

So, what other qualifications does your resume`contain to make such reference of fault and blame on this dilemma?

__________________-- harry -- we have far too many people for our primitive use of our resources-- we need to get rid of about 3/4ths of them - but!!!, only the people who don't look like me - or who don't agree with me -- or who don't want to do what i say------------------------------ I read your question several times , and I am fairly certain that my reponse does NOT answer your question-- but evil doesn't care about that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts