Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this John Deere Manure Spreader for $50 but I'm not sure what model it is. I believe it is either a Model R or a Model L. When I unloaded it I discovered that it will roll backwards but not forward. So I'm trying to figure that out.

I am planning on making a parade wagon out of this spreader and perhaps selling garden produce out of it. If you are in the Lincoln, Nebraska area and are looking for free parts for this spreader, let me know as I will be disabling and removing the majority of the spreader assembly.

Thanks for your help!

IMG-2439.JPG

·
320 Posts
I purchased this John Deere Manure Spreader for $50 but I'm not sure what model it is. I believe it is either a Model R or a Model L. When I unloaded it I discovered that it will roll backwards but not forward. So I'm trying to figure that out.

I am planning on making a parade wagon out of this spreader and perhaps selling garden produce out of it. If you are in the Lincoln, Nebraska area and are looking for free parts for this spreader, let me know as I will be disabling and removing the majority of the spreader assembly.

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 50093
That is Definitely a model "R". The reason it won't roll forward is the axle bearings are rusted solid. It rolls backward because the wheels are "Free wheeling" on the axle. You probably hear the pawls in the wheels going "tink, tink, tink...??? Good luck getting it apart. usually the hubs are STUCK on with rust. BUT, if you get it apart, I would be interested in the lift shoe. Let me know if you need any parts. I have NEW axle bearings for it. ---Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is Definitely a model "R". The reason it won't roll forward is the axle bearings are rusted solid. It rolls backward because the wheels are "Free wheeling" on the axle. You probably hear the pawls in the wheels going "tink, tink, tink...??? Good luck getting it apart. usually the hubs are STUCK on with rust. BUT, if you get it apart, I would be interested in the lift shoe. Let me know if you need any parts. I have NEW axle bearings for it. ---Bill
Bill, Thanks for identifying the spreader and diagnosing the problem for me. That makes perfect sense. I was on the John Deere site looking at the parts catalog for the axle and wheel assembly. I didn't see any way to print off a copy. Do you happen to know where a guy might find a OM or PC for this spreader? I checked several places and couldn't find one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roger, Sorry I missed your post there. I've been having trouble following this site lately. Something is different. Please email me at [email protected] Sounds like your gonna need some parts...???
Mostly been removing parts at this stage! But I’ll sure let you know if I need something.

Attachments

·
320 Posts
Bill "lazy" is the man for manure spreader parts. Helped me rebuild an "R", used the heck out of it this past summer.
Hey Richard, Thanks for the "Thumbs Up"! Glad your model "R" is working good. Let me know if you need anything for it. Thanks again.--------Bill "lazyd" Doyle Best way to contact me is email . [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you help with year / Model # for this Manure Spreader. My neighbor thinks early 70's. I need a hub cap with grease fitting in it for the left side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts