Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a vicious cold spell back in January, -30 over night for just about 2 weeks!!!:dazed: In one of our barns the water pipe under the cement floor froze for the first time EVER! I couldn't get it thawed out, so I put the cattle from that barn over into the other 2 inside stables and closed it out for the winter.
About 20 minutes ago I heard an odd sound and went to check it out. Turned out to be the washing machine sucking air. I knew that was bad!! Went to the barn in the hopes it was just a busted water bowl or pipe. It was a busted pipe alright, in the closed up barn, just down under the edge of the cement!!
:eek:mg: I shut off the pump and came back inside, job 1 tomorrow, bust out cement with a pick and fix the $%#@ pipe.:rolleyes:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
First job for the backhoe:question:
Jody

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jodyand
First job for the backhoe:question:
Jody
I wish!!! I don't think it will fit in the door.( about 8x8):lmao: The pipe comes up in the middle of the barn through a cement curb, about 6"x3" high. I think if I knock out the curb I'll have it licked. Mean while the "chief cook and bottle washer" will be pissed! No water in the house either.outta here I guess I'll head to the barn early tomorrow!:riding:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
So parts you get the pipe fixed and your water back on.
Jody

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, got every thing under control yesterday morning. Took till almost noon by the time we got the curb busted out, the pipe spliced, and the water back up to pressure, cows water,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes: Oh well, it's all OK now, and I'm allowed back in the house too!:lmao:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
That puts rainy weather/soggy ground into perspective.

:canada: That's the great thing about Canada, we get frozen tundra for months AND wet soggy ground too!:rolleyes: Welcome to the great white north!:D

What do you call summer in Canada,,,, 2 weeks of bad skiing!:lmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts