Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, chock this one up to 'poor planning'

I got a 175 Lb spreader for spreading sand/salt. My problem is, I have suitcase weights, so in order to get the hitch to reach my receiver, i need to remove 3 of the 4 weights... this does not sound like a good idea as ill be spreading during ice storms and will need the weights..

Any suggestions on a hitch extender? I need about 1-2 feet

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Save yourself a lot of headache

and go have your tires filled with washer solvent. It'll put the weight at the lowest part of the unit while lowering your center of gravity. You'll be able to hook up your spreader and put your tractor in your shed. It's a win, win.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
SJ

All you need to do is lay the tire flat and break the bead on one side. Flood with solvent, reinflate to required pressure. Done.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've heard that directly putting washer fluid into a tire without a tube would cause the rim to rust over time. I have fluid in one of my machines, but in tubes. It made more sense to me. All I know is the rear end of that machine is heavy.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
As for the extender, why wouldn't a extended piece of steel work? Just be sure to have it firmly anchored to the spreader (hose lamps work great) and the other end to your tractor.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leolav;
i was thinking about going to my local welder guy and getting a pipe with a clevis receiver on one end and a clevis on the other...

i looked around on line and did not see any...

seeing as its freezing rain/sleet now.. i wish id tried the spreader out before yesterday...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
There you go

Originally posted by johnbron
:flamedevi

Its time to ask Santa for a welder.

:flamedevi
Thats something you haven bought yet a welder then you could make your own.:saber: :present:
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
If i get a welder before i get 'the ring' I will be a dead man...
Tell her thats what you want and let her buy it.
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Is the mixer a Kohler or Briggs??? Whats the HP???

We won't rag on you too much!!!!

:flowersmi :jumpropeb :bouncy:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
ok..

Now you can make fun of me.....

My options for Xmas was:

A base/roller/stand for my sears toolbox

A dewalt stand for my chopsaw...

or this...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...4-6618259-4207163?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=289932

I picked the mixer...

I know, i know.. im a sissy... but i like to cook and to be honest.. ive always wanted one of these
SJ,
Uhhhhh.................we'd never make fun of you for getting in touch with your feminine side....For god sakes man...we're guys, we understand.....:lmao:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Argee:

You hit it right on the head. Why do you think I'm selling my Pontiac??? My wife wants me to so she can have the extra space for baby toys until I can get our new garage built next summer. I am also going to be buying another Model A, but they take up virtually no space.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at least i picked the red one.. thats a more manly color than say... purple or cranberry (which i almost picked)

:crazy: (i was looking for a smiley with a dress but could not find one)

sj

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think in my post above, I picked the most "feminine" of them all. The red at least matches my tractor. What?? No Simplicity orange???

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
SJ

Nice mixer:
Thanks a lot!!! My wife was looking over my shoulder,now she wants one.She has a 5 quart Kitchenaide mixer about 10 trouble free years old.Over the course of years she has collectted every attatchment they make.Grider works great,also had a sausage stuffing tube to go on it,that I use a lot for all types of sausage form Venison.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts