EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good job Andy i like the front page.:thumbsup: :clap: :clap:
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Thanks --- it took a LONG TIME to perfect the layout ---- ARRRGHHHHH!
I wanted to include the "avatars" and the "welcome panel" and the "threads/posts since last visit" concepts in one concise package --- plus add my "search last x days" hack into it too... plus if you click on "logout" --- you will see the custom "please register" avatar for new members ---- and if you dont have an avatar selected as a member it will show "no avatar selected" and both of the images are clickable --- (one to register and one to add avatar with direct link to user cp, etc) --- BTW, you can also change your current avatar just by clicking on your existing one in the welcome panel. :D

So, hope you guys like it --- I think it really cleans things up a little bit ---- thanks for the support.
:cheers:

Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
it looks good... i like the last visit, would you consider adding that to the member page? that might give some insight on who posts or lurks and who just registered aznd never came back..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It was a welcome suprise this morning! Thanks Andy, do you work on the site on the job or just at home after work? Inquiring minds want to know.:friends:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
mostly at home after work ---- like this morning from 2:30 to about 6:55am just plugging in the changes I made from the xx hours of programming already done ----- I do check it alot during the day, but most changes are done during the maintenance window. :D

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
it looks good... i like the last visit, would you consider adding that to the member page? that might give some insight on who posts or lurks and who just registered aznd never came back..
ahhh --- Now I understand your question ---- didn't understand it before, must have been the lack of sleep -----
:D

Andy

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Looks great!Even has the time.But im in the central time zone and when I came on it was 10.25am it said 4.25pm so just where is it that at?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Toba, it makes what a little more obvious to new users? :) Just want to understand what you were referring to ---

Thanks.
Andy

:pedro:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Nice look Andy

Good job. I want you to know, I really appreciate the hard work you put in on this site.

I'm guessing Toba means it is easier to navigate to a new user.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I sent my Dad up here the other day. He came on, didn't register and went straight to the Cub section and read some posts. Since he is not a "forum" person, I think he would have no idea to use the link in the top left to see updated threads. He would probably drill into each section over and over again. I think the new layout jumps out at newbie's, which is good.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like it better

I just have to get used to where the view new post button is i keep going to the right side of the page. But it wont take long it will be second hand by tomorrow.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: I like it better

Originally posted by jodyand
I just have to get used to where the view new post button is i keep going to the right side of the page. But it wont take long it will be second hand by tomorrow.:thumbsup:
Jody
Yeah! It does take some time doesn't it.:eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like The Change

Looks great, Thanks for all the hard work I think it is getting bigger as we type.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts