Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has always been barn kept, all original, the paint is only a little faded, seat and battery box look great (worn no holes or rust).
Engine is still strong, runs clean, starts up fast, and the only work this tractor has done since 1982 is to pull a 4H float at the Oatmeal Festival Parade and some other local parades.

Doesn't have a 3 point hitch, but $200 and sweat equity to build one, or $320 for a kit.

Is this a good buy?
What's the approx. HP and PTO HP (can't find any info on that)? I guess about 20-22 hp
Is this a good little work horse for a flat 8 acre area?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wingnut,

My book indicates its a water cooled 4 cylinder, 116c.i. (1810cc) engine. 14.0 PTO HP and 10.3 drawbar HP. 2,260 lbs.

Unveilied in the 1937 and production ended in 1957....over 100,000 b's were sold. And they were less than $500 new.

Regards, Mark

****edit****

IMHO, it is a steal for any vintage tractor that runs and looks as you describe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mostly mowing and some light plowing

·
Registered
518 Posts
wingnut that Bshould work good for mowing and plowing the B was used lot on small farms i know of couple pple that still use Bs in there produce growimg business for plowimg cultivating

·
Registered
50 Posts
b prices

wingnut around here that tractor would sell easy at that price.I go to auctions on a regular basis and see bs selling anywhere from 200 for parts machines to 3500 for really nice ones with mowing decks attached to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boy I wish I could sell them for that price here in Oklahoma. We have the 3 point kits. BTW, it's gonna have a 125 cubic inch CE series engine. 22 PTO HP.
I have a C for sale now for $800. Unless something's special, it would bring $1100-$1400 tops here. But if it's close to you, meets your needs, and you like it, buy it! You will be happy with the little tractor. Check for 3 gear popping out, loose rear hubs, and exhaust manifold leaks.
JimD

·
Registered
73 Posts
great little tractor had one late 60s lots of small tabaco farmers then sold here for more than asking price then i let my dad have it i had A farmall not nearly as good and not as powerfull if i found one at that price here would buy in heartbeat it will do the work you are planning good from ky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts