Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont get me wrong, I love my dealer.. They are a father/son team and are both old time friendly and go out of the way to make you happy.. Plus, their prices are fair and they have great service...

Last year, I ordered chrome hubs and a chrome bumper... The son laughed at me and said he thought they were goofy looking...
After I put them on.. he sort of came around and said they looked good.

Today, i dropped my prestige off with my AG tires for them to put on new rims... He asked me what the hell i was going to do with AG tires, I told him "I know.. your father told me last year, that id get better traction with turfs & chains.. But i like the looks of the AG's and wanted to give them a try.."

The son said 'Hey, i dont give a crap what you do with them' This was not derogitory.. he was just making a point, in a friendly sort of way..

5 minutes later the father came into the shop.. The father is about 75 years old, been in the business for a while and a good guy...
He said 'What the heck are you going to do with those tires'

I told him the same story; like the looks ect... his answer to me was
'Well, I dont give a shit what you do with them'
lke father like son i guess....

So Im getting my AG's put on this week... We'll see what type of damage they do to the lawn... Either way.. like I explained to the pair of them as they mocked me... 'I dont care.. i think they look cool'

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hey I'm with you i like the looks of them and they should look great with the hub caps:D
Jody

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Post a pic when they're mounted. I was thinking that's kinda contradictory, shiny chrome hub caps and tires designed to get down and dirty? Will probably look cool though!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
argee you out there? does anyone know/remember how much washer fluid to fill 2 rear tires? i may run to walmart and get some fluid and have them filled...

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Its too late now but your local gas station could have mounted the tires on those rims ( Rear) and you could have skipped the ridicule altogether...

Duc

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by ducati996
Its too late now but your local gas station could have mounted the tires on those rims ( Rear) and you could have skipped the ridicule altogether...

Duc
Heck if you were closer to NY, I could have done it. :D

Think you will be happy with them. Mine only mark the grass when it's REAL wet, and then the turfs would dig it up also. In my book AG's are the all around tire. Turf's only if you mow flat, ultra smooth lawn.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Did I understand correctly that a regular service station or tire guy
can dismount and mount tires on 12in dia. wheels.
When I bought my AG’s for the GT5000 I also bought an extra set
of wheels. Mounting new tires on new wheels is easy as pie.
But when I changed tires on my Kawasaki Mule the local tire guy
said no-way to put the 10” wheels from the mule on his machine.

I then went and bought a small tire changer from Northern Tool.
It worked well getting the tires off and on but when it came to
breaking the bead OH BOY !!!

I need to change the tires on the Bolens I’m fixing up and they look like
they have been on these 12” wheels since Moses landed on dry ground.
I was really dreading breaking those beads, but if you say they will fit
on the local tire guys machine then that’s the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
aegt5000,

12" yes definately !! for example my 23 x 9.5-12 fit with no problem on a tire machine at my local shop which I can use at any time...no damage done breaking down down the bead, or mounting new tires on to rims...I went with two sets of rims and tires ( Turf with Chains and AG's themselves)

I'm not sure of 10" rims, but if it fits on the tire machine, and can get locked down securely, you should be good to go..

Duc

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i did not even think about a regular tire place... good idea. i needed a few things from the dealer anyway.... They ordered the hubs and i need a new dash panel under warranty.

good dealer.. i left my trailer there so i can go to work without dragging the trailer.. They always come out and help me unload or load it.. Good service.. good place....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks Duc,

I was really dreading breaking those old 12” tire beads but now
I’ll just bring them to the tire guy.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I don't have that problem my neighbor does that for a living. Hes one of those that does it the hard way and on the side of the road. Hes my tire man for tires and putting them on.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
argee you out there? does anyone know/remember how much washer fluid to fill 2 rear tires? i may run to walmart and get some fluid and have them filled...
Hope I'm not too late. If I recall correctly, purchased 16 gallons and we only used 13. 6 1/2 gals. per side..

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Sure you guys dont want to use Calcium Chloride, gives you a few extra pounds and wont ever freeze....

Of course use tubes with it so it prevents leakage....
Got it in my JD 4100 and its great inexpensive weight ( 300 lbs per tire)

WW fluid I thought is toxic as well, if CaCl was a concern

Duc

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Just be careful to NEVER have a tire flat with NaCl in your yard. It will be years before anything will grown in that spot if you don't dig it out.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
I don't have that problem my neighbor does that for a living. Hes one of those that does it the hard way and on the side of the road. Hes my tire man for tires and putting them on.
Jody
Is he one of those old-schoolers who did split rims? I wonder how many of those guys are still alive or maimed. :truth:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts