1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
well once you get it on your husqvarna don't forget to post some pictures

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
i wished the new sleeve was available last year and i will give thanks to willie nunez and usn ed for all their time and leg work to investigate this for us all. i saw an electronic lift actuator on ebay a year ago, missed out and didnt think about it since. looks like this may be the way to go.thanks guys.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing that I was not expecting, and had not noticed on ED's diagram is that the hitch is designed such that you push down on the handle in order to lift the implement. This gives me pause because I can pull with more force than I can push(in this mode). This indicates to me that perhaps more force is needed to push a plow down into the soil than to pull the plow out of the soil. But, as I recall, farm plows dug in as you pulled them forward. So, it's a bit confusing.
Once installed, there's no way to attach the bracket for the bagger, and the hitch sticks out too far aft(about 12") to allow the bagger bins to clear. But, the whole thing can be removed by undoing one bolt, then the bagger goes right on.
It appears that the tow hitch hole can be accessed when the sleeve hitch is in the full up position(handle down and pointing forward).
Photos will come later. It's along story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got the new sleeve hitch and have already mounted it on my Gt 3000. It fits nice and the handle seems pretty strong. Also bought the cultivator and assembled it but did not have time to try them out. It seems to be disigned good and is very easy to take off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GT5000,
As soon as I opened the box and looked at all the pieces it appeared like a well thought out piece of gear. I read the instructions and was more impressed. One feature that it has that you might like when using the box scraper is the adjustable down stop. It makes it sound like you can adjust the height of the implement right there.
What I think would make it a super combination is adding the electric up down control, where you could put downforce on the scraper, and stop/hold it at any point up and down. I guess we'll see about that somewhere down the road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Imagain having down pressure applied automatically! It's called "draft" in farmer tractor world. I remember plowing with a 70's Case with automatic draft, you could "feel it" as you plowed.
Wouldn't that be something on a GT Willie!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm a little bit familiar with automatic. I operated a CAT 14 blade that would follow a laser beam automatically. Talk about smooth! But, I don't think I'll be adding that to my little tractor. I might end up with a box scraper though, sounds like a useful implement for a project I've got coming up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aegt5000,
It was a fluke. USN ED posted this diagram on the other forum. He must've found it somewhere on the internet, it's the same one that is in the owner's manual. I stole it from his thread on the other forum. I already new about copy and paste, I tried it and it worked. Clean living pays off 2funny

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by aegt5000
Hey look at Willie,
A week ago he couldn’t post a picture
No he’s posting scans of parts sheets !
What's next? A live webcam or flash animation demo? :D

2funny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts