Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what happens when I get bored and feel like saving a buck. I wanted a Curtis plow, but not at $1900. I rather spend that on a cab (coming soon) So I picked this little baby up on ebay for $275 with shipping. Its off a kubota front mount mower. I put $70 in new hoses, $25 in steel, $40 in couplers. So that only $410. I cut up the old frame, then welded up a new one. It works great. The only problem I had was the piston was bent. But my new 30 ton press took care of that.

Here are the before and after pictures. Let me know what you all think.

Now I just need some snow to try it out.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Nice work! You definitely got a bargain on that blade. Supposed to be another nasty cold snap coming tomorrow and maybe you will get chance to put it to good use in a few days. Looks like it will make a nice dozer grading blade as well. Mt. Airy area sure has changed since the last time I was visiting up there. So many houses in the back ground.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Itsgottobe…

Nice job, good old American ingenuity (and some Maryland engineering)
Only problem is temp’s in the mid 50’s wont get us much snow.
That set-up looks like it will move and stack snow very well.
BTW that is also a good looking B7500. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by aegt5000
Itsgottobe…

Nice job, good old American ingenuity (and some Maryland engineering)
Thanks.

I am from Jersey, not Maryland. I am just forced to live here.

You think this is neat you should see the rig I am trying to get a patton on. Also my latest project. Complete custom racks for my landscape trailer.

Chief- Mt. Airy is getting bad. The fire department can't keep up with the demand. I got more work than I need, but every body and their brother seems to be getting into landscaping. So even though they are building more houses, there is less work going around.

I knocked down some brushes at my neighbors house with it yesterday. Worked good. I should have build in a tilt cylinder so I could grade with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by simple_john
good job.. but shouldnt you change your name to itsgottabeorange??
Note in my signature: "Its got to be green lawnscapes"
Thats the name of my company.

Chief is referring to the old JD 955 I had. I was forced to sell it because of some neighbors who bitched about it sitting in yard all the time because it wouldn't fit in the garage. I still miss it. I got a smaller tractor that will fit in the garage. The really annoying part is the person who started the bitching moved out. :mad:#[email protected]$:

I still have several more JD tractors. But I am much happier with my Kubota. I plan to replace it with another bigger one when I move out of my parents house soon.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
makes sense to me..

i guess if your lawn company was its got to be orange... you would not get many customers...

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Very nice setup on your Kubota! Good design and excellent thriftiness on getting materials.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my plow has worked great pushing driveways that I maintain. I did manage to bend the angle ram again. I hit a corner of the driveway that was higher than the street. I bent it worse this time. O well its an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Looks great to me and I admire you for your ingenuity but on this forum Green is everything and Well Orange is Just Orange!!

So much for NEW THINKING!!!

I suppose this will get my second strike in the annals of Whom is beholding to WHOM!!

Again Congratulations for your efforts!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts