Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wasn't detered by lifting the 2 60 cats out of the frozen mud went and bought another big toy. need my lumberjack equipment for this one not the jacks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
That one appears to be a little easier to remove than the CATs were. That is unless the tree has grown around the track. Might have to winch a stump on to your trailer along with it. :D

Mark

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It looks to be in good shape better get it out before the ground freezes again:D How are the Cats coming along:question:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one is turning over, i've rebuilt the magneto both oil sumps were cracked so i have to pick the best one and weld it then rebuild carburator replace some clutch bands and we're ready to see if it runs. then i need to replace 1 brake and put on a set of original steering clutch handles and go for a drive and hope the steering clutches work

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Bear, what model is this one? It reminds me of an old cat thatmy uncles used to have. I think the model was an R2. It ran on gas or keroesene.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this one is a 1938 rd7 quite a bit larger than a 2. i have a d2 the r2 was the gas model

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Your right on it being gas and the size diff. I remember it being a noisy sob.. It worked hard for many a year. Had a cable winch sys. for the blade.. Wish I had a picture of that old cat.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
you aways find the kitty no matter how tough its hiding. Lookd good bear. We used to have an old D-8 Cat , 2u, boy would that thing push the snow. It had tha gas pony motore on it also. Dropped a valve in it and we rebuilt it but it was way to tight. We put it on and never could get it to turn over.
caseman-d

·
Registered
518 Posts
bear tht rd 7 looks good need get a pullpan 2 put behind it or get ya blade i know where theres n old d8 wth pan settin its pony strt n cable blade tht runs from bak unit up over top 2 pull blade up n dwn had bad under carriage on it :jumpropeb :crazysun: :jumpropeb

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
delaware might be a little far to go for that ba. but if i find you a allis grader you could load up the d8 and bring it for me.LOLL

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
How'd you get it on the trailer? I'm sure it took more than a couple of guys pushing:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks to be in great shape. Hows the motor is it stuck :question: and what do you need to do to get it running:question:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Looks to be in really good condition Bear! :thumbsup: A good pressure washing and coat of paint and it would look like it has been in clean storage.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Again and Again

Dang Bear how do you get all those kitchen passes to bring all them toys home. Do you tell your wife or hide them in the back forty when she not looking :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts