Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I picked up a bandit 3200 stump grinder, im having a problem with the switches that control the cutting head. The machine has 3 hydraulic solenoid valves, one that raises and lowers the cutting head, one that extends and retracts the tongue because it is a tow behind unit, and one the sweeps the cutting head left and right. I have 3 toggle switches, 1 per valve, to lower the cutter you press the switch up, to raise it you press down, no problem. To extend the tongue press up, retract press down, no problem. To sweep left you press the 3rd switch up, no problem. Now my issue is sweeping right, you press the switch down, but instead of coming back right it raises the cutter. Now both solenoids are activated (led lights up on cutter head raise solenoid and lights up on sweep right solenoid) but it will not sweep right. I'm trying to trace the wiring but I am having no luck. Any ideas? Please help. I have attached the photo of the valves.
Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Wood Wire stripper Tool

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hello vanillagorilla, welcome to the forum

Are the some of the solenoids exactly the same, where you could swap them to evaluate results??

·
Registered
469 Posts
Are all functions done with separate cylinders or is swing and lift functions done with the same cylinder(s)? Is power lead separate between toggle switches or are they jumped in series? Has this been an ongoing issue, do you know of any recent wire repairs? Sounds like power is bleeding over from a frayed wire or bad connection. Have you checked the wiring harness connectors? B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the
Are all functions done with separate cylinders or is swing and lift functions done with the same cylinder(s)? Is power lead separate between toggle switches or are they jumped in series? Has this been an ongoing issue, do you know of any recent wire repairs? Sounds like power is bleeding over from a frayed wire or bad connection. Have you checked the wiring harness connectors? B.
Up/down is one, left/right sweep is one and tongue in/out is one. The wiring is the confusing part, and electrical is definitely not my strong suit. After messing with the plug that all the wires run to from the toggle switches I have no power to the solenoids any more so I have to figure that out now also. I ordered a new plug to wire in because some of the pins looked out of place so they may have been in contact inside the plug. I believe it's definitely a wiring issue, I've contacted bandit for a diagram but haven't heard back yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts