Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Resized_20210106_114523_7051.jpeg Ford 1715: when I raise the loader it is jerky all the was to full extension and makes a squealing noise while it is raising. The 3 point also is jerky when raising. The loader moves about an inch at the cylinder, stops, then moves again. I changed the fluid and filter but this did not make a difference. Is the hydraulic relief valve bad and if it is how do I fix it and where is it at? Thank you
I have no experience with hydraulics. Is the hex head at the 9 o'clock position the relief valve?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I suspect that you are getting air into the hydraulic system. See attached hydraulic piping diagram for your tractor.

https://www.messicks.com/nh/136477?sectionId=281296&diagramId=1007884

Areas where you could possibly suck air into your system:
Item #10 - hose splice on the suction line. This hose is old and may be deteriorated.
Item #27 - Suction o-ring.
Item #35 - Suction gasket.
Item #26 - Suction o-ring
Also your filter seal could be leaking?? Also, inspect your suction tube for minor oil wetness possibly indicating a pinhole leak.

After you have eliminated all the above potential suction leaks, loosen the high pressure connection (Item #7) at the pump. Put a bucket under it to catch fluid. Crank the engine (do not let it start - leave the kill rod out) till your pump produces clean hydraulic fluid. Tighten the connection and see if your hydraulics are improved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect that you are getting air into the hydraulic system. See attached hydraulic piping diagram for your tractor.

https://www.messicks.com/nh/136477?sectionId=281296&diagramId=1007884

Areas where you could possibly suck air into your system:
Item #10 - hose splice on the suction line. This hose is old and may be deteriorated.
Item #27 - Suction o-ring.
Item #35 - Suction gasket.
Item #26 - Suction o-ring
Also your filter seal could be leaking?? Also, inspect your suction tube for minor oil wetness possibly indicating a pinhole leak.

After you have eliminated all the above potential suction leaks, loosen the high pressure connection (Item #7) at the pump. Put a bucket under it to catch fluid. Crank the engine (do not let it start - leave the kill rod out) till your pump produces clean hydraulic fluid. Tighten the connection and see if your hydraulics are improved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts