Tractor Forum banner

Hydraulic Oil Spraying out of Front Bucket Control

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SidecarFlip 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an issue I am hoping to get help with, I was driving my tractor Massey Ferguson 1525, hauling some mulch yesterday afternoon, when I was alerted that Hydraulic Fluid was spraying out of the bottom. I looked and it is coming from the front bucket controller. I have attached pictures. The leak seems to be spraying out of the smaller of the two hole seen in the closer up of the two pictures. Does anyone know what this hole is, or how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
That dented hard tube is suspect to me as well. I'd be replacing it first and if it is indeed coming out of the valve body, you have a compromised 'O' ring and you need to take the valve apart and renew ALL the O rings. If one fails, the rest aren't far behind.

I see remnants of teflon tape around the plug. Teflon tape is a big NO with hydraulics. The tape can get in the pump and will ruin it. Only use pipe dope on fittings, never teflon tape. Teflon pipe tape is for domestic plumbing, not hydraulic fittings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.