Tractor Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It looks to be more like a 1 inch square. I'll see if I can post a picture from my phone

JW
If it's a 1" square external drain plug ...... NAPA # CHT S38208 socket (Carlyle) 1", SAE, 8-Points

NAPA 8-point 1" socket $5

If it's a 1" recessed drain plug --- Advance, Auto Zone, and O'reilly's all have loaner tool programs where you could "borrow" (with a deposit) a 1" ratchet, or a 1" to 1/2" socket adapter much cheaper than you could buy one.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
If it's a 1" square external drain plug ...... NAPA # CHT S38208 socket (Carlyle) 1", SAE, 8-Points

NAPA 8-point 1" socket $5

If it's a 1" recessed drain plug --- Advance, Auto Zone, and O'reilly's all have loaner tool programs where you could "borrow" (with a deposit) a 1" ratchet, or a 1" to 1/2" socket adapter much cheaper than you could buy one.....

Or you can get something like this if it is a 1" recessed plug.........

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Or you can get something like this if it is a 1" recessed plug.........

I was thinking cheap with my suggestion of one of those "loaner programs". $35 is probably a bit much for most people to pay for a tool they'll probably only use once, if they invest in a can of anti-seize.

I've got a draw full of 1" drive, including a 4 to 1 torque multiplier, but most normal people don't. When it comes down to using that 4-1 and the 800 ft lbs torque wrench, it's either coming loose, or I'm gonna need a really big ez-out.;)

If you're wondering why somebody would have that tool set-up, the U-bolts on a Mack camel back suspension are 1 1/4" and torque to 1,700 ft. lbs.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I got all the lines reconnected on the 330 International yesterday just about dark-thirty.
It took about 40 minutes to get the side cylinders connected to the crossover metal hoses/adapters... but I was finally successful.
Now to put in the hydraulic fluid and move on to cleaning out the gas tank and rebuilding the carb.

JW

41 - 44 of 44 Posts