Tractor Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
You say it's the Hyd. filter, which there are two, is this correct ? Is only one leaking or both?

rr

Should have two....One is the HST filter and the other one is the Hyd filter and this is not a common problem with Kiot's....I am on my second Kioti and I have never had this problem or heard of anyone else having this problem.....I am going to suspect that the issue is the filter.....Where ever you got the filter, take it back and make them give you a replacement filter and that should solve your problem.....

·
Registered
Kubota M9960
42 Posts
A friend who raced Moto Guzzi motorcycles (back in the 80's) showed me one of the race mechanics' tricks. He put a hose clamp around the filter positioned so that the screw/worm tighening mechanism was up against the engine's casting. This prevents the filter from unscrewing and dumping the oil. Might that work for you?
I ride Moto Guzzi’s.. the tractor of the motorcycle world🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
VINDICATED!!!!! My Kioti Dealer just told me that Kioti determined the filter was engineered with a defect that results in the filter unscrewing with heat/cool cycles. The dealer had 4 other people within 24 hours complain about the same issue and they reproduced it in their shop. They contacted Kioti who investigated the issue and determined it was a defect in the design of the filter. New filters have been issued (Part # T5855-46531) that are I believe the same filter used in their full size tractor. So I was not going crazy! Don't buy the old filter off Amazon or other locations that may have a stock of the old.

·
Administrator
11,191 Posts
VINDICATED!!!!! My Kioti Dealer just told me that Kioti determined the filter was engineered with a defect that results in the filter unscrewing with heat/cool cycles. The dealer had 4 other people within 24 hours complain about the same issue and they reproduced it in their shop. They contacted Kioti who investigated the issue and determined it was a defect in the design of the filter. New filters have been issued (Part # T5855-46531) that are I believe the same filter used in their full size tractor. So I was not going crazy! Don't buy the old filter off Amazon or other locations that may have a stock of the old.
Thanks for sharing the information!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts