Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't give more info. before. The mower is a rear propelled. The model is the 55R21HV. It has a two year warranty.
I was at another forum and some of them were bashing the AYP
products. Thats where I read that these mowers have a weak drive system because of part of the drive being plastic. That's not something you want to hear right after you buy one. I called my dealer about it and he said he had never had any problem with the drive system. thanks for all your help. robdl

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
AYP makes some very good mowers you will always have someone who thinks they have the best mower ever made and if you don't have it yours is junk. I think AYP is a very good mower and there are a lot of AYP owners on here that will tell you that. As much as i hate to say it plastic is used in everything nowadays i wouldn't worry about it and i will find out about the plastic gear. So in the mean time enjoy you new mower and congrats on a fine mower at that.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
robdl
OK i have talked with my towns husqvarna dealer and told him of your worry of the gears and he said they have been using plastic gears for a while and they are not pron to just explode. He said he has not had that problem so i would say enjoy you new mower.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
robdl
OK i have talked with my towns husqvarna dealer and told him of your worry of the gears and he said they have been using plastic gears for a while and they are not pron to just explode. He said he has not had that problem so i would say enjoy you new mower.
Jody
At least until the gears explode. :cowboy: :idea: :pig: :clown: :lmao: :spinsmile :tractorsm

Couldn't resist! Just kidding. Enjoy! The mower will probaby last longer than you will be able to mow with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts