Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling here.
I am your new moderator. Let me start out with a clear statement. I am an active member of the forum at AllisChalmers.com. That forum is active, healthy, well policed, and a daily part of my life. So why am I here? To get more folks informed about AC's. Some of you long-timers may be familiar with an incident that occured at another forum that caused me to be banned. That forum represented itself to be for the community, but if anything opposed to the owner's views was stated, the post was deleated, and the posted banned. I understand that I wouldn't want to go through the trouble to build a commercial site only to have others advertise against me, but just answering a request for parts is a bit sensitive.
I also have a business reason. As my signature states, I am the owner of OKTractor.com. I sell many parts for AC. The bulk of my items are 3 point conversions, but we have MANY other parts.
OK enough of the junk, now for what's important, AC's.
Currently I have 1 '48 WD that is used weekly for mowing, and occasional plowing etc. It's my workhorse. I also have a 39 B that I just got running. Currently tearing it down to restore.
Just bought a D 15 II. Can't determine year due to pitting where the serial number used to be. Engine stuck. Major project, but should really we a worker when I'm done!
Experience? Had just about every part of my WD off at one time, and the B is getting there.
AC Expert? NO, but I'm very experianced in internet, so I can really help on the technical side of this forum, but I'll have to rely on other folks for the nitty gritty details, and their years of experiance.
OK, I'm done now. Post up a storm!

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Garden tractor parts

Sorry to hear about the other forum. Their loss is our gain. Your bio seems focused on antique tractors so I'm assuming your business might be also, but so I know for sure, do you also deal in garden tractor parts from the 70's and 80's like Kohler parts, wheels, attachments? I'm a Deere owner, but there is a fair amount of stuff that's interchangeable from brand to brand as to engine parts, etc. Gotta keep 'em running anyway I can. Thanks and good luck here as moderator.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, at this time we are dealing with only the larger sized tractors. We do have parts available form odern stuff, but my knowledge is more lacking there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts