Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Craftsman's 855C, 856C, 857C
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be entering this 4X6 picture along with 5 other pictures into my local fairs this year as I do every year and I need some help getting this that the arrows in blue are pointing to off that is on the cats head. It is from a sticky note that I wrote the class I plan to put it in and stuck on the picture. Anyone know how I can get it off WITHOUT ruining the picture if I can get it off at all? IF it can't come off that is ok because I already printed another one as a back up or spare.

Thanks for the tips......

Light Gesture Finger Thumb Gas

Water Fluid World Electric blue Technology

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
That's a tall order. If you have the negatives, making a new photo is the way to go.

·
Administrator
11,406 Posts
Try a little peanut butter in a small corner of the photo and see if it affects the print. if not try a bit on the glue and go at it real slow and easy. the oil in the peanut butter should dissolve the glue. Just rub easy and try a small spot before you go crazy at it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If it is a sticky glue residue then you can heat it up with a hair dryer, on low heat, and wipe it off with a soft paper towel or a tissue......If you do this, just make sure that you are moving the hair dryer around on the picture and not heating up one spot too much....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m thinking you need to identify the kind of paper the image is on…that may help identify a way to remove debris from the surface. Of course I wouldn’t have a clue, but that’s where I would start.

I honestly have no idea what kind of paper it is, I printed it out off my cell phone at Walmart so whatever paper Walmart has.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, how did the cat get in there in the first place?
He honestly likes to go where he shouldn't go. He goes on the counters and the table, haha. We had a case of water on our back counter that was open and he was curious so he poked his head in there and I saw it and took the picture

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, did you try anything?
Unfortunately no not yet :(
Well, look at the bright side... you haven't ruined the photo.... yet! ;)
Well, we both spoke too soon Bill. I tried the blow dryer trick that @unsquidly suggested and it unfortunately ruined the picture and cracked it, so now unfortunately its a goner. Thank God I got a new one printed out as a spare, so now I will just matte that one and enter it. I put the dryer close to the picture and left it there for a few seconds AND moved it around too, but this below obviously was the end result. Note to self..... don't do that again. Oh well, I got more pictures I'm gonna be entering in the fair to this year and I noticed they got the same sticky crap on em too so now I'll try the peanut butter trick.

Electric blue Sky Space Felidae Feather

Fluid Liquid Electric blue Space Plastic

·
Administrator
11,406 Posts
Well, we both spoke too soon Bill. I tried the blow dryer trick that @unsquidly suggested and it unfortunately ruined the picture and cracked it, so now unfortunately its a goner. Thank God I got a new one printed out as a spare, so now I will just matte that one and enter it. I put the dryer close to the picture and left it there for a few seconds AND moved it around too, but this below obviously was the end result. Note to self..... don't do that again. Oh well, I got more pictures I'm gonna be entering in the fair to this year and I noticed they got the same sticky crap on em too so now I'll try the peanut butter trick.
Try the peanut butter , just a little, in a corner or such, to see if it affects the ink from the printing process.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

View attachment 81110

View attachment 81111

Damn.......I feel bad now and I am sorry.....I have done this trick a few times and never had that happen......Sorry once again, bro....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn.......I feel bad now and I am sorry.....I have done this trick a few times and never had that happen......Sorry once again, bro....
Nah it's alright it's NOT your fault at all, I 95% likely did something wrong. That was fully on me. I tried the peanut butter trick too and it worked better, but left noticable (at least to me) smears and it did not settle well with me. At the end of it all, I just said F it and reprinted them, now I just have to matte them and enter them all. If (but most likely not) I win something I will let everyone know

1 - 17 of 17 Posts