·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.

If I log on to the site and I see “X” new threads and “Y” posts since my
last visit and I click “View New Posts” and then I take 10 min. reading
through the new posts, then I click “Mark All Forums Read”, what happens
to the new-new posts made while I was reading through the old-new posts ?

It seems to me that when I click “Mark All Forums Read” after I finished
reading through the old-new posts that I have also cleared the new-new posts.

Have I been doing this wrong, is there some other method I should be using ?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I usually only mark all forums read when I'm exiting the forum. But now that you mentoin it, I might lose some as I sign off.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Not sure I know what your asking, but will give it a shot.....

I will got the view new post, read them all, then go back to the home page and klick to read all new post a second time. This will show any of your responses, and also any that were made wile you were reading the first group. On a bissy day, may have to do this a third time. After that after about I think 15min it will kinda reset on it's own.

Am I in the ball park? Help any? Im a little slow sometimes, and may be talking about something TOTALY different than what your asking.:D :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I have been clicking on "Mark All Forums Read" too often.
I click it each time I have read through the newest posts, and I
probably only need to do this when leaving the site.

Thank's all for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I read through them all. Then just before hitting "mark them read", I rescan another time. Once the results show, I look at the top post, if it was not updated by me... or it was the same as the first time, I then hit the "mark" link. Sometimes when there is a lot of activity, I have to do that process three or four times.

Afterwords, if you are not sure, you can always do the "show last 1 day" and the most recently updated topic(s) will be at the top.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
I read through them all. Then just before hitting "mark them read", I rescan another time. Once the results show, I look at the top post, if it was not updated by me... or it was the same as the first time, I then hit the "mark" link. Sometimes when there is a lot of activity, I have to do that process three or four times.

Afterwords, if you are not sure, you can always do the "show last 1 day" and the most recently updated topic(s) will be at the top.

Ya what he said:D :D

Thats what I MENT to say, not sure if it came out that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts