Tractor Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Agree

Actually the ATV tires are bigger than OEM's, which were 23x10.5x12 (2ply) and these are 25x10x12 (4ply). I had to relevel the deck after mounting them but had no problems. Mows just fine.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Agree

Sorry the pic of the bucket doesn't show the mounting to the tractor. That was one I was making for a friend and he took the pic. I don't have any pix of mine mounted, yet...

The front bucket is attached with brackets that bolt to the tractor frame. The bucket hinges on the brackets to allow dumping. A simple hand trip dumps the bucket and no hydraulics are involved. It raises from an arm connected under the tractor to the sleeve hitch rockshaft and countershaft on the back, powered by the electric lift. I'm working on making the front bucket work off hydraulics and be independent from the electric lift,and mower.

The back bucket is simply attached to the sleeve hitch. It also has the same dump method. I built it a bit bigger so I could carry larger, not heavier things.

Both front and back buckets work well for little jobs and save lots of manual labor. The steering and spindles aren't strong enough for super heavy loads. I just have to not get to heavy with things as it's just a small tractor. For heavy things I use my "real" tractor. :)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
PeteNM have you got a picture of that front bucket mounted on your GT yet sure would like to see it.
Jody

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pix of the bucket mounted yet. I don't have a digital camera. Maybe, if I'm good Santa will bring me one.

In fact I don't have the bucket mounted right now. I still have the mower on. Not sure I will use it this winter as I'll probably put the dozer blade on. I just got a Bobcat skidsteer so I may use it instead of the GT.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.