Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've used mine to pull a mold board plow to convert 3/4 acre newly brush hogged field into my garden. I've also used the plow to create trenches to run the power and water lines to my garden shed. I use the box blade to groom my walking trails, maintain my gravel driveway and I've used it to level a site for my tractor shed. I've used by front blade to backfill trenches dug with the plow, push gravel, mulch, compost and move and old stump pile.

I regularly pull my 17 ft3 cart loaded with gravel/mulch/compost/dirt all over my property. On several occasions I've pulled the cart overloaded with 20 bags of concrete. I've also recently discovered the 48" mowing deck does a passable job as a brush hog, if i can get a bush under the tractor the deck will cut it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As Agree siad the sleeve hitch is how most implements attach to the Craftsman. I bought my hitch from Sears. I'm not sure but I thought the Northen tool hitch is for MTD tractors, do the bolt holes line up?

I don't remember the exact prices but roughly they were:

Sleeve Hitch - Sears $130

Mold board plow - Sears $200
Brinly 38" box blade - Lowes $140
Agri-fab Disc Harrow - used $65
48" Dozer blade - Sears $300
Agri-fab cart - Lowes for $200
48" Plug Areator - used $100
15 galoon sprayer - hardware store $220

Because the sleeve hitch doen't have down force available, implements like the box blade must relie on their weight to bite into the ground. And because the hitch on the GT5k is manual lift the implement can't be too heavy else the operator can't lift it. In practical terms this means sleeve hitch implements work in the same way their larger 3-pt counterparts, but they just do lessf work per pass.

With the expection of the electric motor on my sprayer, none of my implements are powered, thus a PTO isn't needed. That said, Craftsman tractors are large enough to have a 3-pt cat 0 hitch, hydrualics and a PTO. I wonder if Sears, or anothe AYP brand, will add this in the future?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I knew the old Sears GTs had a 3-pt potion but I didn't know they also had a read PTO. What speed they run at?

Does anyone know if the old 3-pt hitch can be mounted on the new GTs? Or maybe someone offers an after market model? Fabricating one is beyond my metal working skills.

The electric lift goes for $350, it isn't worth that much to me. If the price were dropped to $150 I would probably buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.