Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I probably use my 2002 GT3000 for more than it was meant to do. I replaced the turf tires with 25x10x12 ATV tires with ag lugs in the center and knobs on the outside. I get great traction even in the snow and the knobs help from sliding on slopes. I couldn't live with the hand operated hydro, so I built foot contols. It makes it much easier to move branches while mowing and operating other equipment on the go. I mow and spray 9 acres (an orchard)and about 1/4 mile of road frontage. I wired a plug on the rear for the 25 gal. sprayer which I mount on the rear bucket or pull it in a trailer.

I bought a sleeve hitch, electric lift and a box scraper. The scraper has ripper teeth but doesn't dig well so I built a ripper that does dig. I modified the sleeve hitch rockshaft to raise the front bucket that I built. I built a larger bucket for the back (sleeve hitch mounted) for carrying apples and such. I built a ball hitch to mount on the sleeve hitch for pulling heavy things, and also a dozer blade for the front for pushing dirt and snow. Working on a small front loader but it's on the back burner for now.

Sorry this is so long, but you ask......:)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Andy

I'll have to look on the other PC tonight and see what pix I have and post them tomorrow. I don't have a digital camera so have to rely on a friends pix.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I've never posted a pic before so we'll see if it works. It's my GT3000 with the ATV tires. They really get good traction and I'm more than happy with them. The cost was reasonable at a Farm and Ranch Supply.

All other things I've added and done to it came later. Like Andy, it was new, clean and only had an hour or so on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
This is a 25 gal. sprayer with an electric pump. I put a switch on the dash and a trailer plug on the rear of the tractor. I just plug the sprayer in and use the dash mounted switch to shut the pump off when not needed. It's used to spray weeds (thistles mostly) and also fruit trees. I don't have to mix large batches of spray for super small jobs and being small it works better than larger rigs getting into smaller areas. I've built a rear bucket I now mount the sprayer in if the trailer is not needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
This is a 16" high x 40" long bucket for the front being welded up. I also built a 18" x 48" bucket for the back. They are just for moving dirt, rocks, mulch or mostly loose stuff. The one for the back also doubles for a carry-all box. I make smaller sizes (12"x37") for smaller tractors also. Much easier than a wheelbarrow. :)

Sorry I don't have a pic of the finished product. Maybe when I sell a couple more I'll get a digital camera........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Agree

Actually the ATV tires are bigger than OEM's, which were 23x10.5x12 (2ply) and these are 25x10x12 (4ply). I had to relevel the deck after mounting them but had no problems. Mows just fine.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Agree

Sorry the pic of the bucket doesn't show the mounting to the tractor. That was one I was making for a friend and he took the pic. I don't have any pix of mine mounted, yet...

The front bucket is attached with brackets that bolt to the tractor frame. The bucket hinges on the brackets to allow dumping. A simple hand trip dumps the bucket and no hydraulics are involved. It raises from an arm connected under the tractor to the sleeve hitch rockshaft and countershaft on the back, powered by the electric lift. I'm working on making the front bucket work off hydraulics and be independent from the electric lift,and mower.

The back bucket is simply attached to the sleeve hitch. It also has the same dump method. I built it a bit bigger so I could carry larger, not heavier things.

Both front and back buckets work well for little jobs and save lots of manual labor. The steering and spindles aren't strong enough for super heavy loads. I just have to not get to heavy with things as it's just a small tractor. For heavy things I use my "real" tractor. :)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pix of the bucket mounted yet. I don't have a digital camera. Maybe, if I'm good Santa will bring me one.

In fact I don't have the bucket mounted right now. I still have the mower on. Not sure I will use it this winter as I'll probably put the dozer blade on. I just got a Bobcat skidsteer so I may use it instead of the GT.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.