Tractor Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
You get it fixed back up?
Yes ..sorry ..forgot to reply ...did it monday morn first thing .. took about an hour ... just waiting for it to cure now ...apparently i need to wait another 3 weeks ... but with all this rain we having .. i dont see what difference its gonna make now
IMG-20180319-WA0003.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Update .... yip ...will have to check that out later but the coil is shot now ...so dont have time to loose ...got one of the local farmers to come and plough for me ... onions need to be transplanted soon...but its been raining for 3 days now ... thinking i may invest in an ark! ... Fred ... that flimsy seal ... heres my solution ... View attachment 37471
do you have anything on the opposite side of the rubber seal to stop this from flexing on the down stroke, if this seal flexes to much, it will develop fatigue cracks, something like if you bend a piece of wire backwards and forwards, this will eventually break, not knocking your work, only trying to save you time afterwards, it is a shame you couldn't have got hold a couple of the proper leather cup washers that are made for the job, also your piece of pipe you are going to use for the pump body, has this got the seam running down the inside ?.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Geez!!, I wish I had a quarter of your energy, sure would get me moving a bit.

you are doing great work with what you are working with, it will be interesting to see the end result.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Fred ..yup ... got a metal washer all lined up for the job to support the bottom side ... just need to ream it ...thats why its not included in the pic ... but at the end of the day .. only a mil or 2 will be protruding .... the tube im using does have a tiny seam ...planning on reaming that and polishing it up a bit !

Fred ...all it takes is a little motivation ... if u know what u want in life ...go for it !! ....mine is to get out of the business im in and become a farmer ... the less i have to deal with people and their bull the better!! I find it relaxing to potter around ... takes my mind to another place ..

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
The less i have to deal with people and their bull the better!! I find it relaxing to potter around ... takes my mind to another place ..
I so hear you there! I find that my little boy pictured in my avatar, is my best friend ever. A dog friend will never let you down!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
No lions or such about here mate... they futher up north ...only my house cat..catski (hes too timid) ... milli can defend herself just fine ...she rules the roost here!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
You tube taking too many megs ...so just took pics .... finished one section of my land to start with ... been tilled etc ..the other side just ploughed ... a day and a halfs work all sorted ... waiting for my plastic mulch now and fertiliser...should be here in a week ... no way im gonna be weeding all that by hand! Onions need to be transplanted with in
20180326_141150.jpg
20180326_141155.jpg
20180326_141219.jpg
3 weeks or so .. so got a narrow gap to finish off water pump...

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
It doesn't look like I will be able to raise the bloke again, I was interested in his ability to make things from nothing, I thought us old folk were the last of the breed and took an interest in his capabilities, never mind, like you say Bill, he must be busy.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
He used to have trouble with the internet, so it may have gotten worse instead of better, or his computer/phone has thrown the towel in, he should be getting a ping when we write, that makes me think he is off air !!.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts