Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - who all out there has a N? I've got a 49. She isn't restored - she's a worker! I'd like to find a 9N or 2N to restore for fun, and maybe an NAA, when (IF) I can afford to! Let's hear it from all you Ford N owners!:driving:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Originally posted by Fordfarm
Ok - who all out there has a N? I've got a 49. She isn't restored - she's a worker! I'd like to find a 9N or 2N to restore for fun, and maybe an NAA, when (IF) I can afford to! Let's hear it from all you Ford N owners!:driving:
Although most of my tractors are IH, I do have a restored 9N and an older restoration of another. One of my working tractors is a 641... but that one isn't really an N.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 641 is close enough to an N! Those Fords are nice machines, aren't they? I grew up with Farmall's (Dad worked for a dealer). I have a couple IH's (and want an H and a B), but I just love how the Fords operate!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I have an early 8N. My serial is 8N407 to be exact. It was purchased in Northeastern PA in July of 1947. I am the 3rd owner. As of now it is unrestored. I use it for farting around. I use it to brush hog about 1 acre with a 5 foot unit. I have a Dearborn front mounted snow blade for it. This year I picked up an original front loader with manual trip bucket for it. Along with the deal came a 7 1/2 foor western snow plow blade. I retired my Dearborn unit and am using the Western set up as of now. I get a little more lift out of the Western.

Steve

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Originally posted by high-maint
Hi,
I have an early 8N. My serial is 8N407 to be exact. It was purchased in Northeastern PA in July of 1947. I am the 3rd owner. As of now it is unrestored. I use it for farting around. I use it to brush hog about 1 acre with a 5 foot unit. I have a Dearborn front mounted snow blade for it. This year I picked up an original front loader with manual trip bucket for it. Along with the deal came a 7 1/2 foor western snow plow blade. I retired my Dearborn unit and am using the Western set up as of now. I get a little more lift out of the Western.

Steve
That is a awesome piece of info , a impressive number
High Maint , I sure would like to see pics. and if its ok with you , I would like to save your pics. Happy N Year

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is great advice, Don - WE NEED PICTURES! Steve - that IS an extreme;y low number! It would be fun to find out who has the first and last 8n, and where they are.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Originally posted by Fordfarm
That is great advice, Don - WE NEED PICTURES! Steve - that IS an extreme;y low number! It would be fun to find out who has the first and last 8n, and where they are.
That would be a great chalenge to find the last number sold. the first one of each year is in Henry Ford museum (I think) there was a little over 500,000 N`s built. If I ever make a mistake about N`s , don`t hesitate to correct me. I enjoy the tractors and the history that go`s with it.
Its possible that the last N is saved back by Henry also. Time to Read ,, LoL

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
High Maint
Thanks for the pic. , The N is a straight one , thats for sure. Your a lucky guy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
High Maint

Man that is one of the nicest "unrestored" almost 60 year old tractors I have ever seen. Does it work as good as it looks.

:tractorsm

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Originally posted by chrpmaster
High Maint

Man that is one of the nicest "unrestored" almost 60 year old tractors I have ever seen. Does it work as good as it looks.

:tractorsm
Andy , did you see the vin # ? N 407

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doc - What size tires are on the front of your tractor? I've got a set of 16" rims for my 8N, but the tires rub on the spindles!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Im not sure right off hand of the size , they are 16`s , field and turf . and they do rub the top of the spindle a little. I need to make a 1/4 inch spacer to put behind the wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Jubilee

I have a Jubilee. I had the engine worked on last year and it ran smooth and nice. I currently have it up on jack stands waiting for me to do something. I have a new radiator, but I want to fix the tin and paint the tractor. It needs new tares, all around. I am going to do the work this spring, I promise. Well, I'm not going to go that far. This tractor was used to build drive in theatres in the Carolinas in 53 and 54. The only time it was covered was when it was in the repair garage. I currently have it under a canopy with open sides and it seems to be doing just fine. There is a possibility that I will be doing some construction in the next few years and if so I will need a decent looking tractor, so I will have to work on it this spring.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice to have you here Oslo! I'm sure the Jubilee wont mind a little work! Nice machines. How did you find out that yours was used to build drive-ins?

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion, the pictures look better than the tractor itself. Mechanically it is pretty good. Sometimes I will criticize my own tractor, and I must force myself to remember it's true age. For the most part, the ttractor is all original. It needs a little carb work. For this winter, I have a Dearborn style loader with a 7 1/2 foot snow blade on it. I installed a set of rear wheel weights for traction. Since I have had it, I have only replaced the gas tank and oil pan. The gas tank rusted through, and the oil pan issue was from something that happened a long time ago. They broke the left front ear off the pan and welded it back. When I took the fron end apart to install the loader mounting bracket, it fell apart.

Steve

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Re: A Jubilee

Originally posted by oslo in nc
I have a Jubilee. I had the engine worked on last year and it ran smooth and nice. I currently have it up on jack stands waiting for me to do something. I have a new radiator, but I want to fix the tin and paint the tractor. It needs new tares, all around. I am going to do the work this spring, I promise. Well, I'm not going to go that far. This tractor was used to build drive in theatres in the Carolinas in 53 and 54. The only time it was covered was when it was in the repair garage. I currently have it under a canopy with open sides and it seems to be doing just fine. There is a possibility that I will be doing some construction in the next few years and if so I will need a decent looking tractor, so I will have to work on it this spring.
oslo , funny you should mention drive inn theatres!!
Im gonna load a pic of a N on here , A freind of mine ,(Terry Booth) has a 9N that was used in maintenanceof a drive in . the big front bumper was used for setting the speaker poles back up after being run over.
He did a good job with the N face lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Re: A Jubilee

oslo , funny you should mention drive inn theatres!!
Im gonna load a pic of a N on here , A freind of mine ,(Terry Booth) has a 9N that was used in maintenanceof a drive in . the big front bumper was used for setting the speaker poles back up after being run over.
He did a good job with the N face lift.
[/QUOTE]

My Jubilee, also has a home made bumper and grill. Mine is arched and a little lighter. My engine and drive train was gone over and now all I have to do is the body work.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts