Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go pick up a 5' brushcutter, and wondering if anyone has anyidea how much they weigh? I know it is not a realy HD one, kinda mid range. I just wondering what it will take to load it up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Depending on the model, I'd guess in the neighborhood of 400-500 pounds.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm have to pick one up, but seems a little heavy to jockey around inside a van. Hmmmm guess I will need to find a trailer or flat bed. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Brush Hog Weight

Usually you can get a close estimate of the weight of an implement by looking at the shipping weight.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Why not just drive the old 8N and pick it up.........be a great road trip:D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey Paul, Does your Bronco have a receiver hitch? If it does you can rent a car trailer from your local rental places for bringing home the brush hog, The problem isn't get it on to the trailer its getting off! If you got a buddy with a car trailer even better. I know the folks in my neck of the woods are always bartering stuff with me for the use of my trailer all the time. If it is larger then what their vehicles can handle I hook it up and go and pick it up. The minimum I charge is just the gas money. I even got one guys kids to work off the tow of his disabled car for a weekend (he had to help me clean out the garage and stack firewood), The kid just did not have the money for gas and it was only ten miles round trip to get his car home.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Chipmaker
Why not just drive the old 8N and pick it up.........be a great road trip:D

LOL well over an hour drive in a car, sooo that would be what? 3 days on the N?;) ;)

Well I DO have a Sherman combo trans in it, and high range 4th IS pretty fast.........................

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Michael
Hey Paul, Does your Bronco have a receiver hitch? If it does you can rent a car trailer from your local rental places for bringing home the brush hog, The problem isn't get it on to the trailer its getting off! If you got a buddy with a car trailer even better. I know the folks in my neck of the woods are always bartering stuff with me for the use of my trailer all the time. If it is larger then what their vehicles can handle I hook it up and go and pick it up. The minimum I charge is just the gas money. I even got one guys kids to work off the tow of his disabled car for a weekend (he had to help me clean out the garage and stack firewood), The kid just did not have the money for gas and it was only ten miles round trip to get his car home.
Nope no frends with car trailers. I REALY need to get one though..[frend OR the trailer, eather would work:D ] I did finish the deck on my little trailer though, so that will do the job.

As for getting it off, I plan on having it put on 3ph facing rearword, then backing the tractor up to it, and hitching the arms up, and along with a ramp for the wheel, pulling it off. Looks like I will be shopping next weekend:D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts