Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new tractor owner and first time poster. Bought an older M8580 tractor with m1410 loader. I can’t figure out how to purchase a hay spear that fits this loader. No luck at the local dealer. Said they don’t know what loader attachment this is. I’ll try to send some pictures if anyone can help me out. Thank you Tim.
Font Publication Signage Rectangle Advertising
Wood Orange Tints and shades Gas Human leg
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Wood Grille
Fixture Bumper Wood Gas Composite material

Attachments

· Administrator
11,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can always look at one of these bucket mounted bale spears. This is one example.

Rectangle Wood Font Triangle Metal

· Registered
294 Posts

· Premium Member
3,210 Posts
Hello new tractor owner and first time poster. Bought an older M8580 tractor with m1410 loader. I can’t figure out how to purchase a hay spear that fits this loader. No luck at the local dealer. Said they don’t know what loader attachment this is. I’ll try to send some pictures if anyone can help me out. Thank you Tim.
View attachment 84533 View attachment 84534 View attachment 84539 View attachment 84535
If you can weld, it is as simple as, you have the two bucket tongues that catch the bucket at the top fold, and you have the lower cross bar, that is the start of the build, without seeing the spear I reckon I could come up with a strong and safe job, bucket is out of the road and your cost would be minimal.

Attach a photo of the spear mounting and lets see what can be devised.

· Registered
25 Posts
Try Horst Welding (HLA attachments) They make attachments to fit different brands of loaders. I don't think they sell direct, my dealer went through Cummings and Bricker to get mine for the Frey loader on my Agco. It won't be on their website, need to call. I adapted mine to skidsteer quick attach, and can still take the adapter off and use my original Frey style quick attach bucket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts