Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we now know what your favorite allis is how about your favorite oliver?mine would be my 77

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
The 55,or 550 would have to be on the list. About the same size as a Ford N, and worlds more modern.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Not to shabby

No one would have to twist my arm to take this one either.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
slips send me wat u dont want lol i like the ollies 2 always lookin ad one 2 collection thy are a quiet smooth runnin tractor :party: :band:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Allis

Bout the only 2 things I don't want are a 2nd wife or a sharp stick in the eye.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Ditto on the 77's, Bear.

My brother in-law has a great "coffee table" book on Oliver Tractors. It is "Oliver Tractors" by T.Herbert Morrell.
Mr Morrell was a Chief Engineer for Oliver/Agco White for many years.

This is a really interesting book with lots of color and vintage pictures, and includes a neat section on one of their experimental tractors. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice picetures slipshod heres 1 of my 77 just took it today before putting it away for the rest of the winter (better late than never)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Hmmmmm, it's tough, any standard oliver would make me happy:) :) , an oliver 99 would really make me grin:D :D :D :D :D , so I'm sure an oliver 99 with a GM would make me :rockin: :rockin: :guitarman :band:
caseman-d

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have to be Oliver 77 Row Crop

I guess I would have to say the Oliver 77 Row Crop.. That is the next one on the list of restoration.;)

Just bought the "side shields" that cover the motor today... at a show in Dover, Ohio, which was featuring Olivers this year.

The gentleman in Indiana, whom I had spoke to on the phone, was at the show... and had the parts we needed.. So... I brought them home.. (Saved on shipping cost):cool:

While at the show... I did see the Oliver 550... and have to say that if I were to buy another Oliver... that would be the one for me...:winky:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts