1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Horse drawn scoop

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by Fordfarm, May 10, 2006.

  1. Fordfarm

    Fordfarm Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Dec 27, 2005
    I was cleaning out at a neighbor's farm today and found this old horse drawn scoop. I believe it is called a "Slip" scoop. Anyone know anything about them?

    Attached Files:

  2. jd3203

    jd3203 New Member

    Aug 30, 2006
    slip or fresno

    I have used one somewhat like the one in your picture. You simply hook one or two horse to it with a single or double tree. Use a handle in back to set the angle of dig and have the horse step up. Once loaded angle the slip back to carry the material to a stockpile. At the stockpile, angle the slip down so that it catches and the horsepower will flip it effectively dumping the load.

    In my area thes things are being sold as lawn ornaments for rustic/fancy homes at a good price.