Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my instrument panel, side covers and hood all seem to be wearing a nice shallow grove in them from their chafeing against each other during use. You don't really hear any vibration, but the evidence is there just the same, in the way of shallow worn grooves, and powdery residue. Think I am going to install some strips of rubber in these areas, or perhaps some of those peel and press rubber bumpers that you can buy in various sizes, shapes and thickness for putting on the bottom of lamps and other odds and ends to prevent scratching etc, as sold in Home Depot and Wally World. Anyone else have problems such as this?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought some 1/8" or 1/4" clear vinyl tubing, cut it down the center with an exacto knife and put it on the hood. Problem has never resurfaced.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Chipmaker,

My Craftsman LT1000 has the stick-on rubber "bumpers" on the inside of the hood. They are about 1 1/2 - 2 inches long. Should be able to get them at any hardware store.

Greg

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Good one

Originally posted by leolav
Depends.

I get it good one leolav
Jody:lmao:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Boy, you guys sure know a lot about adult diapers. You might be offending some of your senior contributors with your comments, though.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by wheely_boy
Boy, you guys sure know a lot about adult diapers. You might be offending some of your senior contributors with your comments, though.
I'm a senior contibutor and I'm not offended. But then that Depends.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by johndeere
Chipmaker what model John Deere do you have?
A GX 335 is what I have.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Every time I change on of my son's messy diapers, I think to myself "laugh all you want, in another 40 years you'll be changing my diapers!!"

·
Registered
275 Posts
Boy, ain't that the truth. I hope they don't feed me that yucky mushed up food and give me bottles of warm milk that tastes like cardboard. I want to be breast fed in my old age, darn it!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by leolav
Every time I change on of my son's messy diapers, I think to myself "laugh all you want, in another 40 years you'll be changing my diapers!!"

That that same thing a few times. "HA!!! you will get yours" And I tell you, I plan to whine and complane ALL day also. OH, and get up evey two hours at night.:D :D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by wheely_boy
Boy, ain't that the truth. I hope they don't feed me that yucky mushed up food and give me bottles of warm milk that tastes like cardboard. I want to be breast fed in my old age, darn it!
LOL

Did not think I would ever say this, but I'm with you on that one Wheelyboy!!!!:ditto:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Back to the hood problem....

Some of the car makers use a silpery tape in this type of case. It's kinda like a vinel tape but a little more slick. You would put in on the area where the hood rubs, and it will not mark the serfice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts